Friday, June 29, 2007

More Fabulous Sources -- by Guest Mom Skye Hoppus


Ladies, the week has come to an end which means this will be my final blog posting. What an eventful week! I'm so glad you could spend the week with me and hear all about the exciting happenings that took place! I truly believe in this site and what it's all about. love sharing my experiences and resources with other women. I'm so over the "mommy wars" that took place, and were so talked about the past few years. Let's not attack and bicker with each other. I'd rather empower other moms and women in general. It's not easy being a mom, so if we can take advice from each other and learn from our experiences, the world would be a much better place.

Yesterday I flew home after taping Fox's The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet. I have to laugh because I flew home in full hair and make-up since I had no time to clean it all off before heading to JFK. I must say that it felt so girly (and somewhat silly at the same time!) to be wearing all that glamourous make-up and big, curly, perfect hair to go and sit on a plane for 5 1/2 hours! Anyways, the make-up artist taught me a great trick. If you wake up, after a restless night of sleep (as I know we all have being moms!), gently tap the area under your eyes to stimulate circulation thus giving you the appearance of being well-rested. I must say that it worked! And witch hazel too! Helps to calm the skin.

I also learned to love a few new skincare products this week that I'd love to share with you. With all the travel and hectic schedule I've had, my skin suddenly freaked out! And I mean, FREAKED OUT! My eyes were always puffy, my skin was blotchy and red (yuck!) and I was so sensitive to all my normal products. So, upon a friend's advice, I ran to Rite-Aid and picked up some Cetaphil facial cleanser, Aveno Anti-Redness Sensitive Skin Lotion, and those amazing Neutrogena gentle facial cleansing wipes. Wow, my skin suddenly calmed down and returned back to normal.

Again, I've had a great time this week with you and I hope to see you all soon. In the meantime, visit me at Childish Clothing and Rock Star Momma. Lots of new stuff coming out soon!

Smile, be happy and hug and kiss those kids of yours!

I'll leave you with some final resources that I think you will all love! I cannot even begin to tell you how many hours of research it took to get all this fabulous info! I weeded out all the mediocre products, sites, blogs, books, etc. to give you only the best of the best!


MY FAVORITE PAPER PLACES FOR MOMS and KIDS:


Soolip (custom letterpress --- AMAZING!)
Shopio Moi (invites, cards, announcements AND e-cards/notes)
Baby iDesign (modern, classic, sophisticated paper/cards designs)
Rock Paper Scissors - check out their retro modern designs
Paper Ink Studio (modern,playful announcements/invites)
Shwamy (custom designed and handmade)
Smythson (only the finest paper and a celeb favorite – very pricey!)
Tiny Prints (site specializes solely in baby related invites and announcements/cards-very cool!)
Joy by Mellim - young designer with incredible style
eInvite - great assortment of announcements for all design types


Paper+Cup Design.com - flawless design / modern, clean look
Tinaj - another great artist creating simple, beautiful announcements
Felix Doolittle - so different from your typical invite or announcement – these are tiny watercolors / full illustrations with rounded corners and complementing illustrated envelopes (unique and gorgeous!)
Oplusd - sassy and obnoxiously honest but SO clever!
Pearl Papers - letterpress baby announcements and more!
elum designs - high style letterpress
Mango Ink - so CLEVER! Uses your own photography and text for a most unique announcement or invite. You will not be disappointed!
Fabulous Stationery - bright and modern look for invites and announcements…and a wide variety!
Photo Stamps - put your baby’s picture on a photostamp!
Bumblebee Press - full service letterpress printing company
Edibles inc - Greeting card / announcement COOKIE!
Elenis -Check out the “Special Delivery Girl” and “Bundle of Boy” items

CDs I LOVE for NEW MOMS and BABIES
:
Baby Einstein CDs (Lullaby Classics)
Mozart for Mothers-To-Be CD
Ultra Sound: Music for the Unborn Child by Claude Debussy
Tune Your Brain: Pregnancy and Childbirth CD
Pregnancy Relaxation: A Guide to Peaceful Beginnings CD by Dana Schardt
Bedtime with the Beatles: Instrumental Versions of Classic Beatles Songs
Build Your Baby’s Brain CD
Bach for Babies: Fun and Games for Budding Brains CD
Mozart’s Prodigy: Music for Babies and Mother’s to Be CD
Disney Baby Lullaby: Favorite Sleepytime Songs for Baby and You CD
Lullaby: A Collection CD
Planet Sleeps CD (lullabies from across the world)
Golden Slumbers: A Father’s Lullaby CD (various Jazz musicians)
Thievery Corporation CDs
Zero 7 CDs
The American Analog Set CDs
Sade CDs

Baby Shower Resource Websites:

And now, as my son says...Peace out...
xoxo, Skye

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your incredible recommendations and squeezing us into your super busy schedule.

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 12:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristi said...

Thank you SO much for sharing all of this information with us! Love your posts!

Saturday, June 30, 2007 at 8:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger mod*mom said...

LOVED your recommendations + story about traveling for the tv show!
i'm tapping my puffy undereyes right now!

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 1:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger love.boxes said...

Love those paper resources.. fun paper is just the best!

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 2:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger FlaviaMCS said...

We LOVED to share this awesome posts with you! I'm your fan skye!
Thanks for all!
xoxo

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 4:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Louise said...

I just LOVE Skyes comment on the mommy wars... so true ! U go girl - your designs are fab!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 at 1:52:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU SKYE HOPPUS !!!!!!!

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 12:10:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home