Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Busy, Busy -- by Guest Mom Skye Hoppus

I'm still here and have so much to fill you in on what happened yesterday! Being that most of us are moms or soon-to-be moms, I'm sure you all know the concept of "organized chaos". Ladies, yesterday was exactly that! How we got through the day and accomplished everything that needed to be done, I will never know!
My morning was great. I had a fitting with the 2 lovely models who will be joining me on the TODAY show. I met Susan and Cindy and the fitting went great. I work with EXPECTING MODELS here in NY, and I'm sure by the name, you can figure out what they do. You should check them out if you're a babe and expecting! They are sure to get you work and hey, why not get paid for looking gorgeous while you're knocked up! I use them all the time for my Childish Clothing shoots and the 2 ladies today were nothing short of stunning!

After the fitting, which by the way, we realized that the dress was a little too big, so we had to find a tailor in NY to rush alterations on the dress! We'll get back to that in a sec....


I then met with Susan from Bizmarck Phillips, a great agency who represents all the biggest and best designers. She took us over to SALVIATI in Soho get some amazing jewelry for the models tomorrow. They make gorgeous Murano glass jewelry! And after that, we went to their loft to pull clothes for the Morning Show with Mike and Juliet that I will be on this Thursday! I have a gorgeous Hanii-y dress for one segment and a Jenni Kayne dress for the in-studio live segment. I also will be wearing some ridiculously gorgeous jewelry tomorrow and Thursday by Mia and Kompany. You might recognize her style as it's been in all the fashion magazines! And that's the designer that Beyonce was sportin' on the cover of this year's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue! You also should know that she designed the famous horseshoe that SJ Parker wore on Sex In The City! A huge thanks to Susan for hooking me up!

Then, I came back to the hotel to rest for 20 minutes before heading over to the TODAY show for rehearsal. It was so exciting to be there in Rockefeller Center and in the NBC studio. We set up all the goodies for the segment then walked through everything that would take place on the show today. I am focusing on fashion -- how to dress when you're newly pregnant and how to dress when you're about to pop! I am then going to share with you some of my FAVORITE pregnancy essentials that every pregnant woman needs to know about. And will then finish with how and what you really should pack for the hospital! You gotta check out the TODAY show so you can see all this!

Enough about me...and oh yeah, the dress made it! The messenger dropped it off so we are good to go!!

As promised, I love sharing all my secrets with my friends so here are some of my favorite items that I will showing on the TODAY show that you just gotta check out!! And hey, what good is a secret if you keep it all to yourself!!!

Preggie Pops; $7.25 -- These help get you through those rough first months of nausea and morning sickness. Just suck on one and you're good to go!


BASQ pregnancy skin care products; $36 - $58 -- I love these ladies. They figured out how to make "designer" skincare products for pregnant women. They've done all the research for you so you need not worry! I really love their cleanser and belly oil! I hear that Heidi Klum loved this line! You can also purchase from the AMAZON beauty department!

Vincent Longo Creme Concealer; $28 -- Probably the best creme concealer on the market. Nothing covers and conceals your pregnancy mask better than this one!

Mama Spanx; $28 - $32 -- If you don't already know about this line, trust me on this one...you NEED to know about it! Pregnant or not...Designer and Owner Sara Blakely knew she was onto something spectacular when she created a very wearable and beautiful up-scale "girdle". Maximum comfort and support!

La Mere Nursing bra by Elle Macpherson Intimates; $62 -- AHHH...Who would've ever thought that a maternity/nursing bra could be so pretty AND comfortable!


LeSportsac; $98 -- I love their large or extra-large Weekender bag for taking all the stuff you'll need to the hospital. Beautiful, bright patterns and extremely durable!

Lansinoh Cream and nursing pads; $6 -- Face it ladies...your nipples are bound to get a little sore when you nurse and this stuff will greatly help in easing the pain!

Logitech portable speakers for your Ipod for the hospital -- The hospital tends to be a little on the sterile, quiet side. Bring your own soundtrack to calm and relax you. It's also great for when baby arrives and the sound of a lullaby is just what you need.

And last but not least, make sure you have enough lip gloss!! Your lips are gonna get so dry and chappy. Plus, a little gloss goes a long way to help you feel a bit more like yourself when you're pushing junior out! I love Lancome's JUICY TUBES -- Everybody's favorite lip gloss and one of the best-selling lip glosses in the world! Lancome also recently debuted a new lip gloss called COLOR FEVER which is a bit more sophisticated thanks to the packaging and special applicator. COLOR FEVER is more like a lipstick and lip gloss in one! Just perfect for all us moms on the go that are not interested in sacrificing style and beauty!

Enjoy girls and more tomorrow after TODAY!

xoxo
skye

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger love.boxes said...

Very exciting! I love the idea of the murano glass jewelry.. I love colored glass! :)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 11:21:00 AM EDT  
Blogger heather and fam said...

Wanted to share a little "secret" of my own..I have 3 little kiddies and with each pregnancy I heavily and religiously applied Victoria's Secret lotion (the thick creamy stuff in the squeeze tube)to my stomach, hips, etc at least once a day if not more, and I didn't get any stretch marks. Now, that is a little amazing because i am on the "petite" side and have babies the size of Texas! Besides who doesn't love the yummy smell of that lotion? I've just always wanted to tell people about that.....Thanks!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 2:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marie {Make and Takes} said...

You are swaying me to get prego again, and I don't know if this is good or bad for me. I am almost ready to start thinking I can handle the nausea, heat, cramps, and newborn early morning wakeups. But these items are perfect and I am sure they will get me through all the yuckyness, while looking fabulous at the same time.

I will come back to this post to buy everything listed when that stick has 2 pink lines!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 3:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

You were so great on the today show! I hope your book is a bestseller.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 5:09:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it all!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 10:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry ladies, but there is no cream or lotion that will prevent stretch marks - if you're genetically disposed, you will get them, no matter how much money you spend.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 at 4:04:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home