Monday, June 25, 2007

Hello! Nice to Meet You! -- by Guest Mom Skye Hoppus


Wow, we meet at such a chaotic, yet exciting time in my life! I am honored to spend the week with you since there are so many wonderful new things happening this very week! In case you don't know that much about me, let me make this simple for you:
*Proud wife to my gorgeous husband, Mark Hoppus (blink-182 and +44).
*Extremely proud mom to our 4-year-old son Jack. I never thought love could get any better!
*Designer and Owner of Childish Clothing, Inc.
*Author of Rock Star Momma -- The Hip Guide to Looking Gorgeous through all Nine Months and Beyond

Other things that might be of interest to you that might help you understand more about me...in no particular order:
*I just came back from touring with my husband's band +44 on the Fall Out Boy tour, where he still has about 2 weeks to go until the tour ends. Jack and I visited Mark for a week and it was truly awesome!
*I am somewhat of an insomniac. That's perfect considering that most of my creativeness happens in the wee hours of the morning.
*Our families are the reason we have such a stable life.
*I adore my friends and am so thankful for their friendship.
*I absolutely LOVE shoes and handbags. It's kinda scary.
*My favorite clothing designers are Marni, Chloe and Marc Jacobs.
*My favorite kids' clothing designers are Paul Frank, Adidas, IKKS, No Added Sugar, Dickies...sorry girls, I have a son so these are just for the boys!
*We furnished Jack's room in case study furniture by Modernica.
*My car was stolen last month!
*I spent almost 10 years working at MTV. Loved most every minute of those years!
*I am currently in NY promoting my book ROCK STAR MOMMA.
*I love spicy things. Funny, since my husband loves sweet things.
*I wouldn't change anything about my life right now.

Like I was saying, this week is such a great week to spend together. My book just hit stores last week so I'm in NY doing loads of press to promote the release. I will be a guest on the TODAY show on Tuesday, June 26th! I have a run-thru this afternoon so I'll be sure to blog all about it once that's over. I'm then doing a radio tour on Wednesday for MTV Radio and will let you know what cities I will be doing interviews for so you can hopefully catch one of those! And then on Wednesday and Thursday, I will be taping a segment for Fox's The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet. I am doing a maternity makeover so be sure to tune in on Thursday and check it out!

I just landed in NY, and am pretty exhausted. Mark is in Las Vegas on tour and Jack is spending the next few days with his grandparents. He is in heaven!

Off to bed! This momma needs some rest!
xoxo
Skye


Note from Design Mom:
I'm so excited to have Skye here this week! It has been fun exchanging emails and phone calls and getting to know Skye a bit while we set everything up for her Guest Mom week. She is full of energy and really fun to talk with.

Skye is a super-talented gal and she has loads to share. I'm sure you're going to love her posts. This is your big chance to get to know a real-life Rock Star Momma! Welcome Skye!!

Labels:

add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger mod*mom said...

so nice to meet you rock star mom skye! i saw your picture on hostess with the mostess + i'm so glad to read your posts. thank you for sharing your very interesting behind the scenes glamourous life :)

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 1:45:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home