Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lush



So I forgot to pack the swimsuits. We went to the Eaton Centre, a giant mall in downtown Toronto to hopefully pick some up and I wandered into Lush. So amazing and completely new-to-me (although I see on their site that they have stores all over the place).

It was a small sort-of crowded shop with tables everywhere. And every table surface was covered with stacks and stacks of unpackaged soap in amazing shapes and colors. It was so pretty it took my breath away (plus the scent of thousands of bars of soap is a little overwhelming).

I had all 5 kids in tow so I could only peak for a minute, but I can't wait to check out their shops here in New York. You can also shop online — very enjoyable, their item descriptions are clever.
add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I am a regular LUSH buyer--my buddy Adam introduced them to me and sends fun stuff over from London for me. I stocked up on my recent trip. I love them because they're sosoosoo concentrated. Their bath fizzle balls (1/2 a ball is enough for one bath) and their Buffy the Deadskin Slayer (or something like that) is wonderful. Their packaging is cute too--there's a sticker on the back of every package with the face and name of the employee who made the product. Cute.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 3:38:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE Lush fan!
I agree with the other post...the bath fizzle is divine! You can't go wrong with their goodies!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 4:45:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Lush. i first discovered it in Ireland over three years ago. Lush and I go way back. So glad you blogged about them!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 5:32:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Bek said...

Once on a layover in London I RACED to Oxford street and bought a boat load of LUSH stuff...carted it all on the plane and carried over many plane changes. As I was getting off in SF, the air hostess said to me... "oh Lush...I just love their SF store...........".

THEIR SAN FRANCISCO STORE??????? You mean I paid in quid and shlepped what I could have take the train 10 minutes and bought? Whatever, the English stuff is better anyway.... :-)

PS... I have a really fun recipe for how to MAKE those bath fizzies. I do it w/ Lulu all the time. Last year we made them to look like cupcakes and gave them out as Christmas presents.... :-)

Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 9:03:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home