Friday, September 08, 2006

90th Birthday Gift How-to






My Grandma Lucille (Gigi) is turning 90. To celebrate my older sisters came up with a super-cool idea. They organized all the Aunts and Uncles and Cousins to make a photo book for her. They set up the project at Kodak Gallery and emailed the login to each of us. Each adult family member was assigned 2 pages to fill with photos and any applicable text.


This is an awesome idea for lots of reasons, but most of all because everyone could participate no matter where in the world they're currently living and zero trips to the post office were required. I would love to make smaller versions of these for each of my kids in place of scrapbooks. Or maybe just for specific events, like a baptism or family vacation.


The book is being printed now. It will be hardcover, in chocolate brown, with 48 pages and costs about $70 — a great price for a family heirloom. We ordered one for Gigi, and any family member can order a copy for themselves. Thank you Rachel and Sara for organizing this and for coming up with an awesome idea.


Happy Birthday, Gigi. We love you. (And you look absolutely gorgeous in that cover shot!)

Edit: I want to mention that I saw these first from my friend Jeff (some call him President Taylor) who made a amazing book for his wife of photos he'd shot of their 4 sons. I believe he made his book through apple.
add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

Design Mom,

I do these every year for the grandparents and our kids birthmoms. I LOVE this format (Shutterfly has a new way now that is even easier..). I just got back from a humanitarian trip to AFrica and have done the same thing. They not that expensive, they looked GREAT and were a really fun idea. I think that many people don't really know about the feature....

:-)

I have been lusting over the Bombay kids stuff since I saw your post. Have you ever seen Mini Boden for kids clothes? It seems right up your alley.

Friday, September 8, 2006 at 12:30:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Liz Stanley said...

Really cute idea. I did a similar thing for mothers day from the same company but it was a calender. It was only $15 too.

Friday, September 8, 2006 at 1:57:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My girls call my grandmother Gigi too. I am happy to hear someone else discovered the super cute nick name for Great Grandmother!

Friday, September 8, 2006 at 2:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jenni said...

i have seen president taylor's book, it is amazing! your book looks really good, she'll be thrilled.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 at 10:51:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home