Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Reluctant Dragon



I've been randomly posting about books now and again, but I think I'm going to make Thursdays a regular book post day.This week's book is The Reluctant Dragon,
retold by Robert D. San Souci, illustrated by John Segal.

This version is so elegantly illustrated I can't help but study it while I read it to my kids. Lots of white space and some of the text is in a wonderful hand-drawn script which is super charming. The illustrations are new, but the story is old. This version is based on one originally published in 1938. Also, its proportions are big, so as a gift it feels special.

A little too heavy for really young kids, but from about age 4-9 it's perfect. My kids love this book.

See reviews or buy it here.
add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I love your book recommendations. I went out and bought Oxcart Man and my kids loved it!

Thursday, September 7, 2006 at 3:18:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home