Thursday, September 07, 2006

Accordion File Addiction






I picked up an accordion style folder at Target the other day. 13 pockets with alphabetical labels. It's really cute — all decoupaged with patterns and a lovely bird — plus it was on clearance, so why not? I've never used one before, but it has become indispensable. I want one for every project: kids homework and notes from school, one for each design client, decorating the girls room, receipts, etc.

So now I'm trying to source out pretty ones. I found the black one at
Moleskin. The clear plastic ones at the Container Store. Some super-cute bright ones (wish they had more pockets) at See Jane Work. A high-end red fabric one from Paper Source.
And BEST OF ALL, Instructions on how to decoupage your own at Waverly. The picture at waverly is not awesome so I'm not posting it, but I really want to try this.

How have I lived so long without these?
add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Girl con Queso said...

Oooo! I'm ordering those from See Jane Work right now!

Friday, September 8, 2006 at 9:37:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any ideas on how to store them?

Friday, September 8, 2006 at 10:29:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

I prefer the kind with lots of pockets because they're thick enough to stand upright. Which means they take up less counter/desk space when they're in use and I can stand them on a bookshelf when they're not in use.

Friday, September 8, 2006 at 11:41:00 AM EDT  
Blogger kacy faulconer said...

I'm a cute office supplies junkie too. I have to tell you about something I saw in a magazine which I made and it actually turned out--I took my old cherished toy box (which really sucks for storing toys) and put in one of those metal hanging file holders/racks (for office drawers). Now it's a lovely filing cabinet. Of course I'm spending the rest of the day arranging color-coded hanging files instead of taking a shower.

Friday, September 8, 2006 at 12:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home