Wednesday, February 24, 2010

On Kirtsy This Week



Here are some of my favorite kirtsy links from the last little while. (
Kirtsy is a site where anyone can share cool links — I'm one of the co-founders).

-Have you heard of ChatRoulette? (Videochatting with total strangers.) I haven't tried it, but I'm fascinated by the idea.

-It's Black History Month — here are 8 African American Women who changed the world.

-The Oscar's are coming! Download your FREE Oscar Party Bingo cards here.

-A visual lesson in how letterpress works on Design*Sponge.

-The world's most dangerous places to live, according to Mother Nature.

-A fan letter to Roger Ebert. (Did you hear? He lost his lower jaw to cancer.)

-Would you rent a boyfriend for a week to appease your parents?

-Did you see the BlogAid Cookbook? With contributions from 27 top food bloggers. Gorgeous. And all proceeds go to a great cause.

-Lots of pretty pics of this charming boutique hotel in the South of France.

-Six Word Memoirs. (I don't think I'll ever tire of this idea.)

-Were you bothered by the Dodge Charger Superbowl Ad? Here's one reaction.

-Need a photography session for free? Here you go. You're welcome.

-You will love this a day-in-a-life of Rubyellen. (It's where I found the fantastic image at top.)



One more. Totally un-kirtsy-related. Remember the family ski trip to Copper Mountain we took earlier this month? Well here's some good news: Copper Mountain is giving away a family four-pack of tickets. For free. To enter go here. You totally want to win this. I swear. You have until this Saturday, February 27th to enter.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Wow! What a giveaway. Hope I win.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 4:39:00 PM EST  
Blogger History Girl said...

How awesome would that be!?

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 5:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Emily said...

That would be AMAZING!!!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 5:52:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Siera said...

I heard about chatroulette.com from a news article I read over the weekend. Needless to say I checked it out and it's full of random strangers chatting one-on-one via web cam. You can almost guarantee you will see inappropriate male bits within seconds of entering their site. It’s not something I recommend to people who are easily offended.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 1:43:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Sassx2 said...

Please, please, please...I have looked at their website repeatedly since your post. This would be amazing.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 12:27:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Jen said...

Very cool site!!! I found you through Twitter.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 2:23:00 PM EST  
Blogger Crystal said...

I love that blanket. I had one like that when I was a baby. My mom can not find it. I have my other ones. she kept them for me. I even have clothes too. oh oh oh I think I have a new blog idea. THe things I have from when I was a baby. I will have to look through my hope chest and see what is still there. Love this blog!

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 8:23:00 PM EST  
Blogger Brooke said...

I've also heard about chatroulette. I think it sounds pretty scary, especially with kids around. It's a little too risky for kids to play around with.

Monday, March 1, 2010 at 10:16:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home