Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pregnancy Stories



Here's something a little different. For the 2nd pregnancy/childbirth/adoption post today, I'm going to send you elsewhere. Here are some terrific (amazing!) stories that have found their way in to my inbox, but that are a little too lengthy to post in full.


You won't want to miss these. I promise:


1)
Is That My Uterus in that Taurus? It's exactly what you think. A baby born in a car. Which doesn't sound funny but will make you laugh till you cry.

2) The Story of Nella Cordelia
Every once in awhile a baby with Down Syndrome is born to parents who had no idea. This mother's reaction and story is gorgeous. (And I have to note: have you ever seen a birth made into such an event? I was delighted! Tiaras. Clothing changes. Multiple photographers. Visiting friends dressed to the nines. Love it.)

3) Nora Jayne was born in the hospital...parking lot.
Yes. Another amazing car birth. With video!

4) When Triplets Become Twins.
It will break your heart and give you hope at the same time.

5) Their oldest is 12. Their second child is 7. Here's a video of the kids finding out baby number 3 is coming. So fun!

Image via The Sweeterie. Have you typed up your story yet?

----------

Note from Design Mom: for the duration of my pregnancy, I'll be posting advice, memories and stories about pregnancy, childbirth, adoption and growing a family on Wednesdays. You can find them all by clicking here. I'd love to hear your story or memory or advice, feel free to submit it to gabrielle@designmom.com.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger TheMoncurs said...

Oh man, emotional roller coaster. Laughing! Then crying! Then laughing! Repeat. Such beautiful stories!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 3:58:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks for the link, Gabrielle. I love reading all of the birth stories. Mine was definitely a wild ride!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 4:42:00 PM EST  
Blogger Maryanne said...

Wow these stories! I laughed and sobbed.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 4:50:00 PM EST  
Blogger Krystle said...

I agree! There was a lot more crying on my part though! I cried 3out of 5 and was hysterical with the other 2. These stories are beautiful and I always feel closer to those who have written them after I'm done reading! Great choices!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 7:01:00 PM EST  
Blogger amylouwhosews said...

I love your series of birthing stories. I would be crying if I wasn't pregnant, but man, the pg hormones make it a little rough. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy knowing we're all in this together.

Hope you are doing well!

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 1:52:00 PM EST  
Anonymous dani said...

Reading these links yesterday had me crying and in a moment of weakness, I emailed my husband and said, "I think I want another baby!" This is the first time I ever had baby fever and my youngest is 7. He emailed back with "???" and let it pass because, yeah, I had him fixed 3 years ago!

Lovely stories, even the sad ones.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 3:56:00 PM EST  
Blogger kara jayne said...

i'm honored to be featured with such great stories. thank you.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 5:20:00 PM EST  
Blogger Artfulife said...

Loved all of these stories. The first one had me laughing so hard & the second I cried through the whole post. It was written with such love & tenderness. I linked back to your blog on these stories. Thanks so much for allowing other moms to share such tender moments on your blog.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 6:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger PrincessOrangePants said...

Thank you so much for posting those stories! I had a planned home birth for both of my kids, but my second labour was so fast that the midwife didn't make it to my house in time. I shared a lot of the thoughts and feelings that some of the mothers did and I am thankful to have read their stories.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 8:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Bek said...

I especially loved the story of little Nella. As the mamma of a daughter with Down Syndrome I could relate to all her feelings. She stated them more eloquently than I ever could. I look forward to watching her journey with both her girls. She will find out (as I have) how wonderful her daughter's life will be. it makes me want to have another baby... and I would request down syndrome again if I could... good luck to you Gabby with the new little one.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 12:53:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

The Story of Nella Cordelia is beautiful, isn't it? I wept (and I don't cry easily). Such riveting photos; such captivating words...

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 5:10:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home