Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Gift Guide: Original Art



Need to give something really special? It's hard to beat original artwork or fine art prints. Here are some of my favorites in lots of price ranges.

1) Paul Ferney
He's in the best galleries. His star continues to rise. Consider his artwork an investment. Also. He's my brother in law. (How lucky am I?)



2) Fresh Snapped Photos
Know a photography fan? Check out the work at Fresh Snapped Photos.




3) ModernShape
I'm really liking the abstract work of Jacob Brazell. See the portfolio here. The etsy shop here.



4) Katy Gromball
Charming prints of artwork made from precious papers.



5) Danielle Duer
I'm generally drawn to artwork that's jam packed with color and pattern.


Kid Stuff:



5) Digipop's Digital Portraits
Send a photo and she'll interpret it as a digital portrait.



6) Eye Can Art
I'm interested in trying the print-making kits from Eye Can Art. I'll bet my kids would love them.



7) Pams Pieces
Your child's artwork. Made into keychains and pendants.



8) Bedtime Bus Roll
Alright. Not exactly fine art. But I'm including it anyway. A listed bedtime routine cleverly inspired by vintage bus rolls.



Other Artwork Sources you should be checking out:

-Zatista
Real art from real artists. No prints or reproductions. It's a marketplace for art only.

-20 x 200
It's art for everyone. Each week they offer original editions at affordable prices.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

20 Comments:

Blogger Livi said...

i love your art post. You should check out mondo fine art. a UT based fine art website featuring artists from around the globe. The owner studied art in Florence and worked in Park City at an art gallery for some time. Maybe you would like to include it in your list.

www.mondofineart.com

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 11:17:00 AM EST  
Blogger emmylou + miller said...

Love these ideas!

You may already have a post about this (I couldn't figure out how to search your site) but I also really like Laura Zeck's Short Stories.

http://www.shortstoriespress.com/

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 11:47:00 AM EST  
Blogger Heather said...

This is a great idea! Dear Santa...please bring art!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 11:56:00 AM EST  
Blogger No Big Dill said...

Thank you for promoting the starving artist.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 12:09:00 PM EST  
Blogger ivyjeanne said...

Great ideas -- however, I'd like to point you to this artist as well. Her "picture paintings" make great gifts -- whether for adults or kids. http://www.littleshopofshavs.com/

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 1:34:00 PM EST  
Blogger Alex said...

all good suggestions. i could spend hours browsing 20x200.

more in the vein of preserving your kids' art, i recently found finedoodle.com, where an artist re-interprets your child's drawing into a great painting you'd want to hang in your house! they turn out great. i'm filing it away for when i have kids old enough to draw.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 2:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I just recently bought some prints for Christmas presents from bee-things. I bought their amazing cardinal print and the flame color tanager print. I love them!

http://www.bee-things.com/

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 4:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger Deece said...

Thank you for sharing this. I'm really liking Pam's Pieces. I've been looking for just the right way I want to preserve some of my children's artwork and I think this may be it!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 5:21:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sandra said...

I have a piece by Jacob Brazell and I absolutely LOVE it.
(and the fact that he is my brother-in-law has nothing to do with it.)

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 6:03:00 PM EST  
Blogger Petit Elefant said...

For Christmas, I want:

Digipop {how adorable!}

And that bus sign. Holy cute.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 6:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger Stephanie said...

These are excellent sources...I bookmarked a few for future reference.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 9:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger marzi said...

thanks for adding fresh snapped photos to your feature! we're honored to be grouped with such amazing artists! -lori

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 11:02:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Paul Ferney. His work is definitely on my wish list.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 11:43:00 PM EST  
Blogger Christi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 11:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger Katy Gromball said...

thank you very much for the post about my work :)
have a good day!

katy

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 8:42:00 AM EST  
Blogger joolee said...

fabulous post! thanks for all these great resources!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 11:32:00 AM EST  
Blogger Sara said...

Great post! Just what I'm always looking for! I knew about 20X200 but not the others.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 12:26:00 PM EST  
Anonymous digipop said...

Thank you so much for including my baby portraits in your fantastic list! Wishes for a great holiday season! Greets from Athens :)

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 2:24:00 AM EST  
Blogger KJ said...

I might suggest pressedleaf.com.
I have a few pieces and I'm in love with them.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 10:55:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've recently bought some great original art on etsy, too! from these nice sellers: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=36387201

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34748571

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 3:52:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home