Monday, October 26, 2009

Welcome Kristy Glass!


Photo by Rachel Gundersen

I'm so delighted to have Kristy Glass with us this week! I have only briefly met her in real life (and under odd circumstances, where we had to whisper quick hellos), but I've been exchanging emails with her since I started blogging and feel like she's an old friend. Here's Kristy's introduction in her own words:

-------------------------

In a recent audition, I was interviewed to see how much I knew about entertainment, celebrities and pop culture. I was asked if I read US Weekly or “the blogs”. Sadly I could not answer in the affirmative. “Then, what is your favorite blog?”

“DESIGN MOM!”


Thanks for having me.

I’m an urban mom of two daughters, thanks to my husband of 11 years, who pushed me to finish college even though I was being lured away by that intoxicating world of the theatre. After graduating in 3 jam-packed years, I pursued my dream of ACTING in Washington DC. There I had a lot of great success, including doing 2 different shows while I was pregnant with my first baby! 5 weeks after her birth, I was back in the theatre one last time in DC before picking up and moving to Queens, NY in 2002.

I am a working mother and I strive to spend as much time with my children as possible. I do not have a nanny. My career has now expanded beyond theatre to singing, recording, modeling, baby wrangling and tv, which basically means, I am a professional job-seeker. I have dragged my babies (now children) to 90% of my auditions and they have even accompanied me on a few jobs.

My interests include blogging, writing, photography, makeup, working out, church service, journaling, networking, reading, online grocery shopping, MACing, and knitting for the lovescarf project. I spend hours a day riding the subway to make sure my children are dropped off and picked up at their respective schools on the upper west side and lower east side (remember, I live in Queens). I attend suzuki violin lessons twice a week with my daughter and practice with her for an hour most days. I have recently discovered the iphone, jogging and Raisenets made with Cranberries (not in combination).



As an actor, one of my favorite holidays is Halloween. I pretty much know who I am going to be for Halloween by January of every year, and enjoy spending the rest of the year finding just the right details to make my costume complete. It’s contagious, my whole family is into it. I hope I can add to your holiday this year, and if not, maybe you can start planning Halloween 2010 in a few months!

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger kj said...

"Trick or Treat", "Monster Mash", this spooky, fun holiday is my favorite after Christmas. I've always loved sewing unique costumes from year to year. I believe part of Kristy's love for Halloween is genetic, I know because of family history.
Inviting Kristy to write posts for Design Mom during Halloween week is perfect. I happen to be a devoted fan of Kristy's, having loved her from the day she was born. I am one of her adoring Aunts from SLC, Ut.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger wendysue said...

Yeah! So glad to see Kristy here! (her hubby is my cousin, and I'm a big fan of their whole fantastic clan!)

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Katrina said...

awww, what a georgeous family.. two cute girls like me!
too cute!

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 2:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MamaChristy said...

Hi Kristy! I first saw you on eebee baby when my son was a wee one. Then I saw you on Runway Moms and was all "Hey! I've seen her!" Cool to see you here.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 2:19:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous heather said...

2 favorites together - design mom plus kristy glass - fantastic! go kristy!

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Petit Elefant said...

Kristy,

So fun you're guest blogging, love it!

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 11:22:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home