Thursday, October 22, 2009

Have you heard about ALT?



Big announcement! Have you heard about Alt? It's short for Altitude Design Summit. And it's awesome x 10.

The basics:


-It's the first conference geared specifically to design & lifestyle bloggers, trend & shopping sites — and the companies that want to connect with them. All the social media/new media people who want to get together, talk shop and love on design for a weekend. Great info for design peeps and great info for companies with design-minded products or design-minded clients that want to connect with the design-blog-world.

-It's happening January 21-23, in Salt Lake City, during the first weekend of the Sundance Film Festival. (Celebrity spotting! World-class skiing!)




Doesn't that sound perfect? I'm especially excited because Kirtsy is in charge of putting together the conference programming. The speakers. The topics. The keynotes. The break-out sessions. Which is basically the funnest assignment ever. We made the formal announcement about
Alt in the Kirtsy newsletter this morning and the response has been tremendous. My inbox is filling up with speaker suggestions and great ideas for topics. (Speaking of which, a lot of it is still hush-hush, but the speaker list so far is out-of-sight-fantastic.)

If you have thoughts/ideas/suggestions about Alt, I'd love to hear them. Please send me an email at: gabrielle@kirtsy.com

add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds lovely. I may just have to stay with my SLC family that week. Will there be any green speakers?
Thanks for the info.
Xo,
Jennie @ Sweet Greens.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 5:22:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

Well, you should be a speaker obviously :)

Also, Jena of Modish was the first person that popped into my head. She'd be fabulous.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 6:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Petit Elefant said...

What in the what? Thank heaven it's in SLC, I hate missing the good ones.

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 3:43:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous vanessa said...

Just sent you an email!

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:21:00 AM EDT  
Blogger karey m. said...

joslyn just mailed me...i think she may have persuaded me!

{it wasn't that difficult.}

well done! and xoxo.

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 8:13:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Alesha said...

Cool! I am going to try and make it. I will be coming in from SF. Any suggestion on where to stay?
thanks
Alesha
mommaps.com

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 1:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sweetlifeinthevalley said...

I am so excited! I am even more excited that it is in my home state. What a wonderful way to connect with all my favorite designers and design bloggers.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 3:20:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Polarn O. Pyret said...

This sounds wonderful! We'll be looking into it!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 9:24:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home