Monday, June 22, 2009

Welcome Stacy!



I'm so delighted to introduce this week's Guest Mom. Her name is Stacy and and she's endlessly creative. You've seen her gorgeous work featured on this very blog here and here. I've had the opportunity to meet Stacy in person. Twice. And can tell you she's just as kind and lovely as you can imagine. I've really only had a few minutes with her, but she feels like an old friend. Plus, she spoiled my family with this generous gift. So I can't help but adore her. Here's a delightful introduction to Stacy written in her own words:

If you would have told me last year that I would be a guest mom on this very blog, I would have nervously laughed & said “o-k”, with a sarcastic lilt, secretly longing for you to be right. I was reading Design Mom religiously, not wanting to miss anything, when I saw that Gabrielle was going to Utah to speak at the Startup Princess retreat.

Knowing that it was next to crazy to think that Jen & I could up & leave for a long weekend across the country, I rushed to her house to tell her we haaaaaad to go! She wasn’t sure why, but she trusted my judgement, & off we went. The opportunity to meet Gabrielle was akin to meeting (insert rock star here). And she did not disappoint. Her kindness & talent shone like a star that still burns bright in my mind. Daily.


I grew up & live outside Chicago, with my lovely family (one husband, one girl, one boy, one dog). The incessant need to create started early (probably that tiny Barbie quilt we made in brownies—thanks, mom), & has never stopped. Even when there is no time. Which feels like always.

Jen is an amazing friend & my business partner. Together we began seven smooches, a line of children’s clothing & accessories made from repurposed & natural fabrics. We share a love of sewing, kiddies, coffee, chocolate, books, felt, & the creativity that invades every corner of life if you let it.


After studying classical music in college, I decided I really wanted to be a fashion stylist.
Having my own children now, I cannot believe that we request they know what they want to do for the rest of their lives at say, age 17. Preposterous! Since no one in the Midwest knew what a stylist was, I moved to London. Searched for my purpose, met my husband, started working in retail (close, right?). 17 years on, I realize that you search for your purpose daily, but come closest to finding it in your family, your friends, & your art. Whatever that may be.

Thank you, Stacy! We're so glad you're here. Please make yourself at home.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger kalanicut said...

"17 years on, I realize that you search for your purpose daily, but come closest to finding it in your family, your friends, & your art."

Oh! This sentence hit me like a ton of bricks this morning! I'm in one of those moments where I feel antsy for change, for more creativity on a daily basis! Just what I needed to hear. THANK YOU STACY! (and of course, Thank you Gabrielle, who I also hope to meet someday and who inspires me daily!)

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 2:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Artfulife said...

I have to agree with kc, what a beautiful quote. Her work is lovely and her story inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 3:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger amy smart said...

Hooray for Stacy. And though I've only met her once briefly (in SLC) let me add a "hear hear" to "she's just as kind and lovely as you can imagine." And so are her creations! Can't wait to read more this week!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 2:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Carol F. said...

"Noone in the midwest knows what a stylist is". That is so funny because I lived in the midwest for a couple of years and I truly lost contact with all trends whatsoever while there. I knew it was happening at the time and had a real education when I got back.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 12:14:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home