Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Family Tree



Ben Blair's cousin, John Groberg, has come up with a cool new online service. Take the pile of ancestral photos you've been collecting, and use Geneartogy to turn them into an elegant family tree — printed, delivered to your door, ready to be framed. Wouldn't Martha be proud?

If you'd love to make such a display but don't know how to start, take a minute to read John's advice:

"You might feel intimidated at the prospect of collecting all the photos, names and dates. Don't be. You do not need to have everything assembled before you start. Just start with what you have — even if it is only your parents, then add more as you go. We store it all on our site and you can log in and work on your project whenever you want from wherever you are. If there are a few photos that just aren't available, don't let that stop you either. You can input the names and dates and use an attractive looking male or female silhouette (which we provide) in the photo place."


There are currently 3 templates to choose from and Geneartogy is looking to add more. If you're a graphic designer and would like to design additional options, contact John through his website — I know he's looking to hire.

I'm such a fan of any family photo displays. I totally think I'm going to try this.

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey Michelle said...

Wow! So beautiful!

{ Lindsey }
http://greatfullday.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 5:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Montserrat said...

Perfectly lovely. I even have all the photos!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 6:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Heather Vincent said...

I love that! I want to start doing geneology for my husbands family because no one has ever done it. This, I think would be an awesome way to start. Thank you for sharing!

Heather
http://zaneandheathervincent.blogspotcom

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 6:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Laura said...

I LOVE THIS! It's things like this that make family history come alive for people who "aren't into" family history. Yay for your husband's cousin! I'll definitely be checking this out!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 7:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger beSlightlyAskew said...

So, John Groberg as in some relative of John Holbrook Groberg the missionary who went to Tonga? Because I'm totally related to him and then I would be related to your husband somehow and consequently to you and then I could tell all my friends that I am related to Design Mom and they would all be so jealous and wish they were me and say more wonderful things to me than they already do. However it will do nothing for your reputation to say you are related to me and I'm sorry about that.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 7:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Amy said...

This is really cool, I want to do this, but they have almost no pictures on my husband's side. I wonder if it's bad to have a bunch of sillhouettes??

Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 12:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger ruthandnancy said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 8:02:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jess said...

What a cool site! I am headed to my grandparents' home in a couple of weeks, and I will be sure to go through their photo collection while I'm there!

Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 11:16:00 AM EDT  
Blogger ♥ kimberly said...

That is so great! How beautiful.

Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 9:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home