Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Virtual Lemonade Stand



Yesterday, I had the chance to chat with Kelly Ripa over skype. I'm not even kidding. You can watch Kelly in the interview below or see the side-by-side interview here. (Sincere apologies for my tacky office location with pheasant wallpaper and also for sitting so close to the camera that my giant head is quite fearsome.)

Kelly was calling to get the word out about the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF) — a cause she's supported for years and years and something that is near and dear to her heart. She had big news about a great fundraising opportunity going on: everytime someone opens a virtual lemonade stand, Electrolux will donate $1 to OCRF.

It's super easy to open the lemonade stand. I did it this morning and it took about 2 minutes. It didn't cost me anything and now I get to feel entitled for the rest of day due to my good works and contributions to society. : ) You can see my lemonade stand here.

Take a minute to go set up your own
virtual lemonade stand. You'll be glad you did. The whole thing is about as charming as fundraising gets. And. Everyone who participates is entered to win a shiny new french door refridgerator from Electrolux.

Also, I want to point out that in addition to being lovely and a great conversationalist, Kelly's arms are cut like superwoman.


add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger Liz Stanley said...

so awesome!! love watching the side by side.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 1:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Leeann said...

What a fantastic idea. Kelly Ripa is so classy. Thanks for sharing!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 3:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Megan said...

so awesome! i am a big kelly ripa fan and am definitely going to open up a lemonade stand!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 3:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Laura B. said...

Can I just say how much I adore Kelly Ripa? Love her!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 6:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Heidi said...

It was very fun to watch the side-by-side. You looked lovely. Thank you for this good deed.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 6:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tracey Lynne said...

Thanks for sharing....Lemonade stand is up and running!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 7:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marci said...

I love Kelly!! And I love me some lemonade too!! Thanks for the info!!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 3:53:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Ana said...

This is amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!
I reposted on my website, crediting you of course, and I hope you don't mind :)

Thanks!!!! <3

Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 7:28:00 AM EDT  
Blogger dana's design studio said...

My mom passed away of ovarian cancer. Kudos to Kelly for sharing her support and knowledge.

Monday, June 15, 2009 at 2:15:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home