Thursday, June 04, 2009

Creative People in New York




I'm in New York. Having a terrific time working with a dozen really creative people. We're on location at a photoshoot for a magazine article. The location is my friend's beautiful home in Scarsdale and I'm here as the designer of the bedroom being shot.

I love being around creative New Yorkers — everyone has an interesting story and strong opinions. Spending time with the photographer, stylist, editors and assistants reminded me of this story in the French version of Men Style magazine featuring creative New Yorkers photographed in their homes. The article was especially fun because I know Joanna Goddard and Kendra Smoot — two of the talented people featured.



I don't know
this guy, but I sure love his New York advice: Don't be afraid of using snow goggles in the winter, you'll walk faster.

via Say Yes to Hoboken.
add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I hear ya Gabrielle...urban environments naturally attract really interesting people and it's extremely pleasant and inspiring to be surrounded with so much energy all the time. I too miss that. I know you can find it everywhere, for the most part, but it's just so easy in the city to find others with common interests. Can't wait to see pics from the shoot...

Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 9:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Carolyne said...

I love creative people. They are so inspiring and interesting! I can't wait to see photos!

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 1:28:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Marvyn said...

NYC is like the creative capital of the world. So it's no surprise that you'll encounter a few unique and inspiring people in NYC. One of the things I enjoyed working in numerous design agencies is the interaction with other designers. Now freelancing fulltime at home, I rarely get to interact with creative minds other than the occasional face-to-face meeting.

I too would like to see the photos that were produced from your shoot.

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 2:01:00 AM EDT  
Blogger ParkerMama said...

Okay, you've got our interest, let's see more.

I like the unique.

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 1:55:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Rebecca is Thrilled by the THought said...

I love that fireplace! Gorgeous!

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 3:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger mer said...

yeah for Kendra and Joanna!

Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 4:08:00 AM EDT  
Blogger mrs boo radley said...

Ahh. Inspiration. Pass it on.

Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 10:16:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous MochaSarah said...

The great thing about the internet is that you can share creativity and inspiration with people across the world. You no longer have to live in a one of the creative cities like NYC, London or Milan to be part of the buzz.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 3:08:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home