Monday, July 14, 2008

Welcome Jane!

I'm back from Girls Camp. It was awesome. Super awesome. I really want to write up a report (ask me about the Official Camp Dance!). But first I'm excited to introduce you to our latest and greatest Guest Mom. Meet Jane Maynard. She's a graphic designer and lover of menus and she has all sorts of rad things she's planning to share with us this week. Jane, please tell us a little bit about yourself.



Hi Everybody! Here’s a little peak into my world. And since it feels weird writing about myself, I’ll just pretend you’ve asked me to fill out a form. I like filling out forms.

Name:
Jane Maynard

What do you do?:
Mother to two beautiful daughters (a 3-year-old and a 7-month-old); wife to a smart, cool surfer dude of a husband; freelance graphic designer in my “free time” (mom’s have free time?); blogger at This Week for Dinner,
and contributing blogger on Silicon Valley Moms Blog.

Where do you live?
Recently moved to the Bay Area from San Diego (love both places bunches). Despite what is turning out be a very long stint in CA, I’m really an East Coast girl at heart, specifically New Jersey and Boston.


Anything else?
I’ve never eaten flavored chips — Cheetos, Doritos, BBQ potato chips, nothin’. This claim is currently under investigation since I’ve fallen in love with Kettle Salt & Ground Black Pepper potato chips. But I maintain that these chips do NOT fall into the “flavored” category. I love reading, laughing, eating (cannoli especially), music-ing, photograph-ing, yoga-ing, family-ing. I’m the ultimate procrastinator. And I love life.


Oh…and I am currently gallivanting around Berlin! And on Friday I head to Paris. (Side note: my life is normally not so exciting.)

Now that you know me, I can’t wait to get to know you! And hopefully you’ll enjoy my ramblings this week. Please leave lots of comments and I look forward to hanging out on Design Mom!

Labels:

add to kirtsy

10 Comments:

Blogger Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll said...

Welcome! I write for DC Metro Moms, so its good to read a fellow SV Moms Blogger here too! Looking forward to the posts!

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 11:33:00 AM EDT  
Blogger ellen said...

Hooray for Jane! We're friends from Boston.

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 11:51:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Brooke said...

I am checking out all my favorite blogs and seems like you are a blog goddess. Enjoy Berlin.

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 8:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Vanessa said...

No Mikes Pastry :)
My hubby grew up in Tracy if you know where that is. I love your blog!

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 10:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger jane maynard said...

well, I must say when it comes to cannoli I prefer modern...but mike's is good too! :)

thanks for the nice comments! I'm excited for this week! hopefully I can keep up on all your comments from this beautiful city of berlin!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 1:21:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

i happen to know miss jane and think it's particularly humorous that she describes her husband as a "smart surferdude" instead of a Phd/ postdoctoral fellow biochemist at one of the most prestigious universities in the world. i guess he's kinda smart.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 2:25:00 AM EDT  
Blogger nate said...

yeah, he's that too. :)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 2:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger jane maynard said...

woops! he doesn't normally talk about himself that way...that was me (jane) who said, "yeah he's that too" under my poor husband's sign-in. he's actually very humble! :)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 2:22:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I recognize this fun mom, (formerly Wallin) of Cottonwood Heights and New Jersey. Our family visited yours many years ago in N.J. Julie

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 7:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger jane maynard said...

julie - how fun! email info@thisweekfordinner.com so we can connect! (it's such a small world)

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 11:01:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home