Friday, July 11, 2008

From the Archive: Potholder Rugs



I've posted before about the potholder rugs made by Crispina. But I had never actually seen one in real life. Until the gift show. And I have to say, they are even more wonderful in person. In fact, the Crispina booth was possibly my favorite of the whole show. Crispina products are thick with color and texture and beauty.

The photo above shows 3 rugs folded and stacked, resting on a yellow rug that's covering the floor. I can't say "thick" enough when describing these cozy rugs. And apparently, with a quick phone call, they can make a rug in colors perfectly suited to your decor.



And it's clear that when they talk eco or earth friendly, they are the real deal. The materials in everything they make have had a previous life. Their products are literally, and visibly-to-the-naked-eye recycled. In the purest sense of the word.



I especially love the bed they had set up in the booth. It was impossibly welcoming. And not just because I was Gift-Show-tired. Can you see the orange and yellow pieced blanket with circles? I couldn't stop touching it. And all those cozy pillows.

There's something a bit untidy about the edges and construction that make Crispina products seem especially family friendly. Life with kids is, in fact, untidy. But with products like these, untidy looks pretty great.

Originally posted August 30, 2007. My sister Jordan recently sent me an email about the great Crispina potholder rugs — I was so glad for the reminder! I've liked them for long enough that I should really save my pennies and buy one.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger amy turn sharp said...

love these rugs- there is one at my fave local store- looks so cozy!

Friday, July 11, 2008 at 2:15:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love these rugs, and the ragamuffins -- we own both. We have a fiesta potholder rug made of multicoloured t-shirts in my son's room -- it is great!

But I notice that she doesn't seem to have her business as before -- the physical store and webstore, and now just sells pieces on etsy. Before, you could order whatever size or colour you wanted (blanket, rug...) from her online. Now, it seems as if she works alone.

Does anybody know?

monika

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 5:50:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home