Monday, June 30, 2008

Hello Again!

Nice. It feels good to be back.

And now that I'm back, the first thing I want to do is give a big thank you to Burgin for going above and beyond with the fantastic posts last week. She was amazing, right? Yay Burgin! Please come back any time.




Second, I have to tell you that in addition to having a whole week to catch up on work and house and miscellaneous and sundry (which was wonderful), we had a terrific school's-out-summer's-here weekend as well.
It was all about WALL-E on Friday — Ralph says it's now his favorite Pixar flick. Grimaldi's, ice cream and the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday. And on Sunday I spoke to a gathering of teenagers from my church about all the cool things to do in the city this summer. Which got me totally pumped for all the cool things to do in the city this summer!

How was your weekend? Do anything fun? Of course you did! Come on, share the fun stuff.

add to kirtsy

12 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

my husband and I went to see wall-e last night for a date. it was so hillarious and we both loved it. way to go pixar!

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 1:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger nikki said...

I didn't go see Wall-e yet as my husband and I were involved with Stake Youth Conference here in the city, but we did set up our new Mac Pro. We both thought that was pretty fun :)

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 1:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Alicia said...

What are some fun things to do here in the city this summer?

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 2:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I think I'm the only one yet to see Wall-E! It's all the rage! : )

I spent the past few days at the Babywearing Conference in Chicago and then had a nice lunch date with hubby yesterday... and shopping!

Steph

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 2:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger kristi lou said...

family reunion baby!

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 3:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger kristi lou said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 3:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I also want to see wall-e. Today I'm watching Persepolis, have you see that?

I made plum jam over the weekend. Yum!

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 3:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lizzy said...

We saw Wall-E too. Loved it. Then bid farewell to Patrick who is pretending to be a New Yorker for a few weeks. He has plans to come see you!

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 4:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger CP Teachers said...

This movie was great! Pixar is awesome!

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 5:40:00 PM EDT  
Blogger KJ said...

hiked jenny lake/hidden falls in Teton National Park and kicked around Jackson Hole. My 21 month old has been enamored with the wall-e trailer since my husband happened upon it several months ago. We truly have to watch it daily. Here's hoping he can sit through a matinee without catastrophe!

Monday, June 30, 2008 at 9:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Burgin Streetman said...

i'm on the wall about taking my son to this one... is 3 too young? how spooky was the rocket scenes...? anyone, anyone?

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 at 12:32:00 PM EDT  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

I saw Wall-E, too! I LOVED it. He's the cutest little thing.

scribbler, my daughter was 2 and is generally pretty timid, but she didn't get scared. the "violence" was mainly of spaceships taking off and a few things blowing up. hth!!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 at 2:22:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home