Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Random Links

Since the power in my neighborhood has been randomly turning off on this completely storm-less day, I will embrace the randomness and give a list of unrelated, but interesting links that have been on my mind.



Sugar City Journal
An excellent blog. Written by two sister-in-laws on the opposites sides of the country. Very inspiring. Lots of ideas and projects — like the pretty detailing on these stairs.


Xerpi
This is a site to organize all your favorites sites. It's like bookmarking on steroids. With the ability to do things like visually group related links and add notes. I've been using del.icio.us for my bookmarks for the last 18 months or so. I use it to keep track of sites I've posted about and sites I want to post about. But I'm thinking about switching to Xerpi. It looks like it has a ton more features to help me track things more efficiently.



White Trash Mom Handbook
Don't you love it when one of our own (bloggers, I mean) makes good? Hooray for Michelle of the infamous White Trash Mom blog, who just had her first book published! It's filled with lots of funny anecdotes and practical advice on not letting the pretentious aspects of Modern Parenting get you down.



Tollipop
Another fantastic blog by a talented and interesting illustrator.

$1 Summer Movies
AMC is hosting dollar shows all summer long to benefit charity. Lots of recent kid hits like Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep, Alvin & The Chipmunks and Shrek The Third. I love matinee movies in the summer! You can't beat an air conditioned spot and a box of milk duds when getting to the pool sounds like too much work.



Memorial Day Quilt
Look at this beautiful quilt Scribbit posted about. Made by friends to commemorate the death of her young nephew. For materials, the friends used sections of his blankets and clothes and pajamas — even including tags occasionally as reminders of his ages and stages. What a gift!


add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger CC said...

Hi Gabrielle- Since this is "random Thursday," here's a sort of random question for you...can you, or anyone that happens to read the comments to this post, point me to the male equivalent of Design Mom? Is there a "Design Dad" out there somewhere? Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely hooked on your blog and have no plans to stop reading, but it would be nice to find something similar that's more geared towards men/dads. I suspect I'm not the only guy who reads your blog, so you might be providing valuable info to millions! :)

Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 4:01:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gabrielle--

How wonderfully sensational to be featured on your site! Thank you so much! I am going to have to think long and hard about a metaphor that will adequately capture the dreaminess of this moment.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 5:30:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Scribbit said...

How fun to have a book published--that's one of those things I dream of doing myself someday.

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 12:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger JENNIE! said...

loved seeing tollipop mentioned! she really is amazing...

Sunday, June 1, 2008 at 2:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Con Way said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 10:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Con Way said...

Gabrielle. So happy to be featured on your site and that you like Xerpi. Yoohoo!

Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 10:56:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home