Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Creative Spaces — by Guest Mom Amy Sharp



I love when Cookie and Wondertime magazines show us the little reading nooks of readers.
I daily browse OhDeeDoh to see what innovative and gorgeous kid rooms they will post. I love seeing creative spaces for others. Kids rooms and homes that are family centered make me happy. I love day dreaming of having this or this for my kids.

I think kids need spaces, places of their own. Where do your kids go to read or create or find peace?
Do they build forts of blankets or sit inside these charming tents? Would they chill in this?

I know that if my family asked me to create a special space for me, a small room or nook of my own...I would have this light hanging above my head
and I would probably be perched on one of these reading this!

It is fun to dream!

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! :)

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 3:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger DJ said...

My son is only 3 and at this point he doesn't stray far from my side, but whatever I'm doing he carves out a corner for himself. If I'm at the computer he's under the desk with his picture cards, If I'm crafting, he's sorting buttons on the corner of my table. He has a pop up play house that he likes to take up on my bed and play in.
Funny thing is I have a whole room in the house that is decorated for him as a playroom, but unless someone is in there playing with him, he just gets what he wants and carries to where he wants it!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 6:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger simply kris said...

Inspiring. It's on my to do list this summer. I am going to make make a special place in our unfinished basement for each of my 3 kids. Thanks Amy. That was a great post.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 6:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger amy turn sharp said...

I love thinking about these spaces- I also love changing them. I am on the hunt for a space for myself outside this summer! Thanks everyone!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 7:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger heather said...

When I was a kid I built forts and such, but my all time favorite place for going to be by myself--the bathroom floor. I think it's becasue it's the only place I had access to that had a lock on the door. Plus, unless I was in there for a long time reading (and believe me, sometimes I was) no one really questioned what I was doing in there. I'm pretty sure my mom was on to me but she usually let me get away with it.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 10:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

I loved that Cookie Mag article on reading nooks because they featured mine! My son still loves curling up in his little corner "reading" his picture books and talking to his stuffed animals. I think every kid deserves a little private space of their own!

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 6:21:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home