Thursday, April 10, 2008

Washing Dishes With Style — by Guest Mom Lindsey Rose Johnson

Okay. Seriously — how cool is this automatic soap pump?



When my hands are covered in chicken guts, I don't want to be touching anything until my paws are nice and clean. I love, love, love this
Simplehuman Sensor Soap Pump (available from Crate and Barrel or these retailers).

Moving along to sponges. . .

I love my regular old Scotch Brite sponges, but these Scrubby Sponges from The Container Store are positively fetching.



Tired of your boring dish drainer? I know I am.

Check this out--



I don't even know what to say. It's so cool and hip. This is the Dish Doctor Dish Drainer I found over at my new favorite kitchen-related blog, Apartment Therapy NY (a.k.a. The Kitchn).



Yesterday as I donned my yellow latex gloves, I imagined that I was really pulling on a pair of these lovely
Couture Dish Gloves from Glovables. I first saw a similar pair at my husband's cousin's home last November. Find other colors and styles here.

Looking for something similar? Check out these Ruffled Dishwashing Gloves from Elizabeth's Embellishments.

The sponge gloves (pictured below) were featured in Real Simple last year. I kind of like them. What do you think? I mean, if Real Simple likes them, then I'm pretty sure I do, too.



When I posted about my favorite dishwashing accessories over on Cafe Johnsonia, several of my readers left comments suggesting I try this lavender dishwashing liquid from Seventh Generation.



After all, isn't "going green" the most stylish thing going right now?

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger TJ said...

i use seventh generation dishsoap, dishwasher powder, and all purpose cleaner. i love it. it can be a little expensive, but i am military, and it is almost half the price at my commissary. i will never go back to the other stuff. and i wish those gloves were a little less. i love them!!

Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 12:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Mumsy said...

Terina--I know! That is why I haven't bought those gloves yet. Hard to justify it when the yellow ones work just fine and cost $2/pair.

You are very lucky--half price Seventh Generation? I'm totally jealous!

Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 12:30:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

My friend has that soap dispenser and it's great! But if you don't know it's automatic at first... it's quite confusing! : ) And the lavender mint Seventh Generation dish soap is the only kind I'll use!!

Steph

Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 12:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night, I saw some of the cutest dish washing stuff at Target... scrubbers in the shape of animals. Oh they were just so cute!

Monday, April 14, 2008 at 5:47:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home