Thursday, April 10, 2008

Book of the Week: 365 Penguins



I heart this oversize picture book.
365 Penguins by by Jean-Luc Fromental, illustrated by Joëlle Jolivet. Everyday for a year a new penguin arrives at one family's home, beginning on January 1st.

Why are they coming? Who is sending them? We find out on New Year's Eve when Uncle Victor, the ecologist, arrives. And while we await the answer, t
here's lots of math and sorting and organizing happening — and plenty of space on each oversize page to showcase the penguin havoc as the popular increases.

The flat illustrations in black, white, orange and blue are beautiful and fit the story perfectly.
A great addition to your child's library!

Labels:

add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristen M. said...

My children picked this out from the library recently. I loved the illustrations and the math problems built into the story.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 2:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Saying It Simply said...

Gabs, I love what you post. You fascinate me with your selections. Love to think I knew you back when your style was beginning. You are blessed with finding and sharing all that is wonderfully wonderful. Now, I am off to the Library. kris

Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 5:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

My daughter is a penguin freak! I saw this at a bookstore once, but didn't have time to look closer at it.

Monday, April 14, 2008 at 11:50:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a first time expecting mom, a graphic artist, and a lover of all things beautiful. I just came across your blog and don't think I have gotten anything done over the past two hours at work.

I normally don't comment on blogs but this book is my all time fav. My 7 year old nephew has an infatuation with penguins and I came across this book a year ago shopping for new books for him.

Great post!

Amy Levine
Soon to be Mom
Toronto, Ontario

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 2:14:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home