Monday, April 14, 2008

Air & Space



Our weekend in D.C. was terrific. I love that town! Something I hadn't seen before: a new branch of the Air & Space Museum located outside the city in Herndon. The facility was massive and gorgeous and chock full of shiny aerospace specimens — including a Space Shuttle, a Concord and the Enola Gay. It was a perfect field trip for school age kids. In fact, the entire city is a perfect field trip for school age kids.

I'll try to report more later. In the meantime, check out these darling posters designed by Robin Rosenthal (a former Martha Art Director). Love the alphadots. Love the chicadees. A great addition for a pre-schooler's bedroom.

alphadot poster
counting birds poster

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh, I love the Air and Space Museum! I grew up in good old Sterling, VA, so Herndon is right up the road. Loved it. I'm glad you all had fun. Did you go see the new Spy Museum?

Monday, April 14, 2008 at 2:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger KJ said...

I see these posters in my new basement playroom!

Monday, April 14, 2008 at 3:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Theresa said...

Glad to hear that you liked the Air and Space museum. My husband was in DC last week for business, and stopped by the museum- and loved it. He has tried to convince me all week that we should take our kids there on a mini-vacation. You helped to strengthen his case with this post :). Love the Pottery Barn stuff too. JCrew has a ton of color right now that I am in love with as well.

Monday, April 14, 2008 at 4:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Vanessa said...

The Air and Space Museum was my favorite, we lived in Herndon for a couple years and would drive up to see it, that is really cool that they have one down there now. I am glad you guys had fun! D.C. is a fantastic city.

Monday, April 14, 2008 at 5:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Having DC so close made Richmond a bit better. I love how walkable the city is and love Potbelly's, the best sandwich shop. I miss being able to drive to a different state in such a short amount of time!

Monday, April 14, 2008 at 5:25:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest posters I have ever seen. Okay, so seen in a long while. I love your blog. love love love it.

Monday, April 14, 2008 at 7:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger kourtney said...

I have to get those posters. It pays that the red matches one room and blue the other room. Love it! There will be learning in every corner.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 12:32:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Mumsy said...

OH...we have to go to the annex museum. We went to the main museum and it was awesome. Our kids (and Fred) love airplanes.

Glad you had a good trip!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 8:11:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home