Friday, February 22, 2008

Trader Joe's Wash Rags



I'm so please with the latest addition to my kitchen. I saw these wash rags at Erin's house and couldn't help but notice the great colors. Erin told me she'd seen them at Jill's house — and Jill is the sort of person that makes really good decisions about things she brings into the house. So I got the whole scoop and then picked some up for myself.


Why they're great: they're strong, they do the job and they don't get smelly.

If you live anywhere with even the tiniest bit of humidity then you are already fully aware of stinky wash rag episodes — the ones where you wipe down the table then wonder to yourself where that horrible smell is coming from and then realize it's coming from your hands (eewww!) and that they stink because they were touching the stinky wash rag.


And if you live in a place with lots of humidity (like I do) then you've probably given up on wash rags altogether and decided that paper towels are the only solution even though they are the polar opposite of eco-chic.


Which is why these wash rags are so great. They absorb like crazy and then dry out super fast. Machine washable if you care to, but if you rinse them out each night, they're typically good to go the next day. No more stinky rags. No more wasted paper towels. And they come in lots of pretty colors besides. Best part: they sell in two packs for something like $1.75. Bargain.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

14 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 12:43:00 PM EST  
Blogger liz said...

I love this tip! It's like how I hear the old school r.s. would be: misc. random housewifery tips.

I am totally getting some and hopefully it will make me want to clean more things more often. ;-)

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 12:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger susan d. said...

I love these wash clothes... I cut mine in half...the colors and quality are wonderful! Love Trader Joes!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 1:24:00 PM EST  
Blogger Lauren said...

You are so funny. I love these rags, AND love Mrs. Meyer's. That stuff lasts forever, even if you DO clean!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 1:45:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jodee said...

Oh I hope these work! I have just about hit my limit with dirty smelly rags. I have nearly converted to paper towels as well. I think I do a load of rags every other day! Crossing my fingers all the way to TJ's!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 2:37:00 PM EST  
Blogger KJ said...

this is a great tip. Wishing they had Trader Joes in idaho!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 3:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger southern daze said...

I'm so jealous! I live in Louisiana and have tons of stinky wash rags due to the high humidity but not a Trader Joe's in sight. {boo hoo}

Love the tip though. What I wouldn't give to stop that horrid smell from gracing our home!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 4:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Mrs. Gray's Class said...

I love these rags - we have totally given up napkins and paper towels now.

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 4:19:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jessica said...

My Mom has always taught us that everytime you wash dishes or anything, you RINSE RINSE RINSE the washcloth and then there is no smell...plus a clean washcloth each morning - I live in a humid state now and thankfully haven't had a problem and hopefully never will there is nothing worse than a stinky wash cloth! YUCKY

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 5:45:00 PM EST  
Blogger pve design said...

have these and use these and love them.
using them helps me to use less paper towels.
love the mod colors.

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 6:23:00 PM EST  
Blogger Breanne said...

Aaahhh, this has been a much discussed dilemma between my husband and me (he absolutely hates that smell even more than me and we live in Phoenix so it's probably not nearly as bad as you have it - anyway, so I had resorted to paper towels - expensive too!)

So I am definitely going to Trader Joes this week! .... Love Trader Joes

Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 7:56:00 AM EST  
Blogger jennifer.auroradesign said...

I've never been driven to comment even slightly negatively before but...
I live in a graceful old neighborhood with large trees--and high humidity. I'm a fan of TJs but I guess I'm a bigger fan of frugality.

You know those t-shirts your kids stain and you cringe everytime they wear them? We make a bit of a ceremony of cutting them up for cleaning rags. They are bright and pretty and if you rinse them each time you use them--stink free.

I add them to the wash pile at the end of the day. Of course there are nice white ones from my husband's old undershirts for the nasty jobs. Those go in a light bleach load for deep cleaning.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 11:55:00 AM EST  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I'm in TJs all the time and I've never seen them.

Monday, February 25, 2008 at 12:34:00 PM EST  
Blogger spyderette said...

hooray! is THAT what's causing the stinky-rag syndrome!? i moved from utah almost 2 years ago and could NOT figure it out!

i will try more thourough rinsing too, but new kitchen rags should last longer than 6 months before they get too stinky!

Monday, February 25, 2008 at 1:39:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home