Wednesday, January 30, 2008

100 Percent

So I'm back. Feeling good. Yesterday was maybe 80, 85%. Today I'm 100% healthy. And I love it. As soon as I was feeling better my appetite came back with a vengeance and happily, my friend Angela who is in tune with the entire Universe, sensed this increased hunger and brought an enormous pasta dinner for my whole family. Complete with homemade sauce from her Grandma's special recipe and a crusty loaf of bread. Yummy. And did I mention yummy? Thank you Angela!

(Side note: is there anything more wonderful than a good friend to bring you dinner when you're not feeling well? Seriously. You should probably move to New York so you can live near people like Angela.)



During the worst of the sickness, I comforted myself with sips of Glow Mama. Lucy Leahy developed a drink just for expectant/nursing Mamas (I'm not currently either, but anyway...) when she found herself a bit discouraged at her limited beverage options while she was pregnant. She sent me a couple of samples of her kiwi juice concoction and I found them light, not too sweet, subtle,and pretty darn lovely. Very gentle on my upset stomach.



And to cheer me up, Shannon from Rocks in My Dryer sent me an article her local Tulsa newspaper had written up about her great blog. It's a lovely article and was especially cheery to me because she mentioned my blog as one of her ten favorites. Thank you Shannon! You're a sweetheart.

And now here I am. Healthy, full of pasta and kiwi juice, and delighted by a newspaper mention. Life is good. I can't wait to read Michelle's guest post today. . .

Labels:

add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger R-Eight said...

Glad you're back and feeling better sister.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 2:08:00 PM EST  
Blogger Angela said...

Thanks for the shout out, Gab! :) So glad you enjoyed the food. I had that flu a few weeks back, and I remember how bad it knocked me down. So glad to hear you are over it 100%!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 11:55:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home