Monday, July 30, 2007

Nice to Meet You



I'm still going through my millions of business cards from BlogHer and checking out blogs and remembering who was especially happy or charming or funny or kind or smart or beautiful or friendly or visionary or outgoing or enthusiastic or inspired. The photo above is a picture of a few of the most colorful and creative cards I collected at the conference.

My very most favorite cards belonged to Birdie, who made each card one at a time with the help of her son. She used reclaimed paper and rubber stamps. Each card was it's own little bit of art. A project within anyone's budget. Here's a glimpse of 5 Birdie cards, front and back:


Labels:

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Design Mom! I'm glad you enjoyed my crazy calling cards. I loved making them, and because they were unusual, they allowed me to connect to my fellow BlogHers on a deeper level. I'm grateful that you linked to me and displayed my cards.

Big hugs,
Birdie

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 12:18:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I was just coming over to tell you how fabulous it was to meet you and I see my own face.

Bizarre...but sweet.

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 3:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Birdie's cards were truly awesome. It was wonderful to meet you too. I hope it's the first time of many, especially if you're gonna call me "smart" in public. Nice.

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 4:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Amie Adams said...

Oh Birdie's cards are wonderful.

I can't believe mine even made the collage. Talk about feeling honored.

Was sad I didn't get to meet you until everything was officially over. Hope your kids liked their gifts too. The ones I chose weren't exactly the easiest to carry on the plane.

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 4:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jessica said...

It was lovely to meet you, really. Thank you for sharing a cab with me and making me realize that one might be able to have 5 children and not die in the process.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 2:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Rocks In My Dryer said...

Well, how about that picture of my card right there! *grin* You made my day! It was so good to meet you, and I just love the look of your site. Looking forward to reading through and getting to know you better.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 10:10:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home