Monday, April 30, 2007

Little About Me — by Guest Mom Amy M




First of all I want to say how grateful I am for this opportunity. I have enjoyed thinking about what I would cover and what I would share with you. A daunting task, but a fun one never the less. Since this is my first post I just thought you'd like to know a little about the mom writing the posts for the week, and since I'm 31 I thought I would share 31 things that make me me.


1. I love to be creative
2. I love quiet
3. I rarely eat breakfast
4. I am thinking of running a 1/2 marathon...just thinking
5. Monday is my favorite day of the week
6. I rarely use coupons
7. I love photography
8. I enjoy giving myself manicures and pedicures even though they're not that good
9. I hoard idea books
10. I care what people think
11. I love handmade cards
12. Though I like apples I find them to be the most boring of all the fruits...perhaps because there so easy to find
13. I usually never watch a movie more than once
14. I could watch Pride and Prejudice everyday
15. Still working on adopting Parenting with love and logic in my home
16. I want a Mac
17. I love to snack
18. I need to get my passport
19. I love to learn new things and to teach myself how to do it
20. Karen Krasne extraordinary desserts is now my favorite place for chocolate cake...too bad it's in San Diego
21. I do not like pie
22. I'm a massage therapist
23. My word for the year is "DO"
24. I drive a Land Rover
25. I hate when people are late
26. I love the changing color of light depending on the time of day
27. I dream of having a gallery filled with my photographs
28. I'm a mother of 3 little girls
29. My husband is my best friend
30. I love to be home
31. I'm an introvert

I could go on I guess, but I'll leave it at that. Go here if you want to learn even more about me.



Here are a few of my favorite things


Shade tees
American Eagle Jeans
Paper Source A7 boxes (perfect for 5x7 photos)
Russel+Hazel Smart Grid paper pad
American Craft modern albums
CatsLife Press stamps
Amy Butler designs
Living Out Loud by Kari Smith
She by Kobi Yamada
Fresh Sugar Lip balm

Look forward to spending the week with you,
amy

Note from Design Mom:
I'm so looking forward to Amy's posts this week. I don't know Amy at all. Not even a little bit. I came upon her blog and was impressed, so I sent her an email inviting her to be a Guest Mom. And she accepted. And those 2 emails are the total extent of our relationship. And I guess that's why I'm so looking forward to her posts — I love how blogging connects people and I'm excited to learn more about this week's Guest Mom. Welcome Amy! I'm glad you're here. Please make yourself at home.

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

14 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Amy, so fun to "see" you here!! I could always use more doses of Amy M!!

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 11:50:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Price Cream Parlor said...

HA! What a great surprise to find you here today! Amy is a creative wonder!

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 1:09:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our very own Amy M! What a treat to see you here. Have fun this week.

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 1:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

I hear you on Pride and Predjudice.

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 2:32:00 PM EDT  
Blogger amy gretchen said...

Hehe. You guys are too sweet. It's been fun. Thanks design mom!!

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 3:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger everything pink! said...

hey Amy. i have been so excited since i saw that you would be coming on last week.

i can't wait to read all your posts this week!!

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 3:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crystalyn said...

2 places to find your words and ideas this week...aren't we lucky!

can't wait to see which of your creative wonders you will share.

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 4:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger TX Girl said...

I consider myself lucky to know Amy- she really is one of those amazing people. I am so glad she is getting the opportunity to share herself and her amazing ideas.

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 6:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Amy, hi this is Kathy Williams from highschool. I always look at design mom and recignized you right away. Your photography is amazing. Anyway I thought my sister Amy would love to hear from you. Her blob address is http://tannerjia.blogspot.com

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 6:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Fun to see you in a whole new realm. This will be a fun week.

Monday, April 30, 2007 at 7:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Bek said...

Welcome!! I can't wait to see what you have to say

P.S. I have watched Pride and Prejudice (or parts of it) every day since moving in w/ my inlaws... we must be soulmates..

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 at 1:15:00 AM EDT  
Blogger amy gretchen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 at 11:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger amy gretchen said...

Thanks I think this week will be fun.

wow kathy small world. Can't wait to check out her blog. thank you.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 8:17:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog and have forwarded it to all my friends...very eclectic and modern with things that can be easily customized to fit your style...Love the Shabby Apple dresses too!!!

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 10:21:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home