Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Thanksgiving Tableware



We are seating 12 adults and 8 kids at our Thanksgiving Dinner this year. The kids table I've got mostly figured out, but the adults table is proving to be a challenge.


I posted earlier about taking stock of dinnerware in preparation for Thanksgiving, and I did take stock with limited success. I have 12 place settings of silverware, plus serving pieces, delivered and ready to go. But both my china and pewter need lots of pieces to complete 12 place settings and neither one are still being produced. I have found some of my china at replacements.com, but my pewter seems to be almost impossible to track down.
So I'm looking at alternatives.

One idea I'm considering is using my pewter dinner plates, with my china salad plates, and buying 12 complementary bowls. I'm thinking the rooster bowls pictured might work. I know they're not turkeys, but the colors and textures and poultry theme still feel Thanksgivingy to me. Maybe I'll just go see what's in stock at TJMaxx. . .
add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Girl con Queso said...

The bowls are beautiful!

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 9:31:00 AM EST  
Blogger Kaila said...

TJ Max never fails!

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 3:46:00 PM EST  
Blogger Bek said...

Ok, I was in Wlamart yesterday and they had some really pretty orange plates (the right orange, not to apricot-y and not too dusty) and they were only 3$!! They had serving platters and bowls to. I thought of your Thanksgiving table.......

Thursday, November 2, 2006 at 6:27:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home