Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Welcome November



I love Halloween for lots of reasons. It's such a great kid holiday. In fact, last night as we finished trick-or-treating we asked the kids which holiday they love more, Christmas or Halloween, and they had to think hard about it. There's something about planning and wearing a costume (and eating buckets of candy) that's pretty compelling for my kids. I also like that it is super fun for the kids, while requiring far less effort on the adults part than Christmas. But the thing I love most about Halloween is that it is the gateway holiday to the real holidays.


I can't believe how fast I had Halloween packed up and put away this morning. I am so ready to think about Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I don't have an orange and black storage box, but I could use one. Find it here.
add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO have this orange and black box. All of my Halloween fits nicely inside. They will be on clearance in a week.

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 9:28:00 AM EST  
Blogger Bek said...

I also have an orange and black box...actually, I have two!!! Every year after the holiday's (Hallween, Thanksgiving and Christmas) I buy one or two fun things that I wouldn't be able to buy full price BEFORE the holiday (Neimans has a series of witches hats that are so cute and so fun...and even better at 90% off on Nov 3rd...). They go directly in the box and every year I open the box and get something new..... I am off to Pottery Barn kids to choose something fun for next year...

Time to pull out the turkeys......

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 1:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tania said...

I have several of those boxes (if you've seen our house at Halloween, you know why.) I have red & green for Christmas. The thing I love best is that they are easy to identify in the mass of rubbermaid boxes in our storage room when I need them.

My darling husband took down & packed up most of our stuff last night, I'll try and get the rest of it done in the morning....

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 11:32:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home