Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Ask Design Mom Week — Journals



Question:
I'm looking for a journal that's appropriate for kids. Any good ideas? Thanks. — Kathryn



Answer:
Great question.
The favorite kids journal at our house is called This Is Me. It's full of great prompter questions. Lots of space for drawings or pasting in ticket stubs. And it has a handy little pocket at the back for tucking away keepsakes.

Also, I haven't tried these myself, but I think the Between You & Me journals look good too. Inside each are fun, non-sappy, sometimes humorous questions. Give them to the people you love and they are returned with handwritten responses.

Want more ideas? One of my recent guest moms wrote a terrific round-up of all sorts of journals.


Dear Readers, do your kids have a favorite journal?

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I also like the "This is Me Journal" for kids. They are really great. http://www.thisismejournal.com/

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 10:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger Lin said...

Well, there are no prompter questions or cute things inside, but I have made personalized journals out of composition books for my nephews and niece (ages 12-4) and have even let the kids make their own. It's an inexpensive solution (comp book $1, a couple sheets of scrapbook paper or magazine clippings and Mod Podge). My oldest nephew used his for personal essays and my youngest niece used hers to draw pictures.

If you do want things throughout the pages, you can always add quote stickers or handwritten questions or phrases and a ribbon on the binding for a bookmark.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 10:55:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Wanda said...

I really like those Between Me And You journals too. They're a really easy way for my grandmother to record her memories. I got several more as stocking stuffers and look forward to getting them back.

Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 10:44:00 AM EST  
Blogger Tania said...

I've used the "Between You & Me" - I think they're great.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 8:15:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kameron said...

A new one is Notable Journals - www.notablejournals.com -for kids.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 9:29:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home