Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween-y Weekend!


Images from Martha's Pumpkin Gallery. Definitely worth a peek. So inspiring!

Friends. I have good news! I am officially in my second trimester. This is how I know:

1) I did throw-up today, but I didn't feel nauseous. (It's not perfect, but I'll take it!)

2) Food has been my enemy for weeks and weeks, but the last few days I've had a growing appetite. I think of it as a tender mercy that will help me make sure my kids' Halloween candy doesn't go to waste.

3) I checked the calendar.

But honestly, it's hard to focus on this exciting news because we've got a jam-packed schedule of Halloween for the next two days. On my to-do list:


1) Take $5 and some refreshments to the middle school so Ralph can get into the Halloween Dance. (It's his first dance. I am dying to get a report.) I wish I had time to make these rice-krispie mummy heads for the refreshments. They are fabulous.


2) Buy candy for Trunk-or-Treat tonight (will they really still do Trunk-or-Treat when there is two feet of snow on the ground? We'll find out tonight how truly hard-core Coloradoans are.)


3) Decorate the trunk of the car. The kids are thinking a "mad science lab" with dry ice smoke and Martha's specimen jars. But I confess, I'm trying to talk them out of it altogether because the snow is a total Halloween buzzkill.



Specimen jar images from Martha Stewart.

4) Make chili for tonight's cook-off.


5) Finish Oscar's Medusa costume. The headpiece is done, but the shirt still needs some work. I'll try to post pics of all my kids-in-costume this weekend. Halloween is the best.


6) Tomorrow, we'll carve the jack-o-lanterns and buy more candy for the trick-or-treaters.


Have a fantastic, spooky weekend. And please send spider-webby thoughts my way, because with so much snow outside it is taking every bit of self-restraint I've got not to pull out the Christmas cds.

P.S. — Don't miss the huge Trifle Shoppe Giveaway! Over $1000 worth of gorgeous goodies. Scroll down or click here to find it.

P.P.S. — Have you registered for Alt Design Summit yet? Early bird registration ends October 31st. $100 off!

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger Katie @ goodLife {eats} said...

We are throwing pillows and blankets in the trunk. Decorating with plain ole pumpkins and white lights and having Halloween Story Time at our car for Trunk or Treat with our MOMS Club group. It snowed here in NM yesterday, but it's just barely warm enough that it's all melted. Brrrr it's cold though!

Hurray for 2nd trimester. That is the best time! :)

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 2:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Liz said...

can't wait for pics of your kiddos costumes! you're so clever :) when are you due? I think we're along the same time frame - my 1st trimester officially ends next wednesday, can't WAIT!

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 2:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kariane said...

I totally understand what you're talking about regarding the snow and the xmas decor. I moved to Alaska about a year and a half ago. It's very weird to have to plan Halloween costumes around snowsuits... I used to have a FIRM no xmas until the day after Thanksgiving rule, but with all the snow and lack of light, I can't help myself; it just feels so right. Good luck with your day and your spooky weekend. How about a headless halloween-y snowman... with plastic bugs/spiders crawling out of the neck...

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 2:58:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous robin k said...

YAY for your second trimester!

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 3:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger JD said...

I'm from the East coast... what Trunk or treat?

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 4:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Congrats on the next trimester! We're carving pumpkins tomorrow, too. Can't wait!

Steph

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 5:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kage said...

Thank you SO much for having me. As one who was born in CO, I encourage you to hang in there!

Though. I was at a McDonald's today feeding my kids ultra-nutritious foods, and there were Halloween decorations EVERYWHERE and Harry Connick Jr. singing about Christmas. One of the weirdest moments I have ever had with holiday clash. We've already sung a carol or too...it's ok.

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 9:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Burgin Streetman said...

congrats you!

Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 7:51:00 AM EDT  
Blogger charity said...

I am also just in my second trimester. We must be very close together. Congratulations, and
I totally know how you feel!

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 4:08:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home