Monday, February 23, 2009

Welcome Stephanie!



Hey friends. I have someone wonderful to introduce you to today. Her name is Stephanie Brubaker. Many of you may already know her as Stephmodo from her wonderfully stylish blog of the same name. I'm so happy she's here with us this week because I'm a total fan. Welcome, Stephanie!

Here's a bit about Stephanie in her own words so you can get to know her:


Before embarking on the career of motherhood, I worked in the retail sector, first in store management and then ended up with a corporate retail job at Williams-Sonoma. This was the highlight of my short professional life. Everyday, upon arrival, I soaked in the San Francisco Bay view, the delicious smells from the test kitchen, and the pretty objects dotting offices everywhere (will they make it into the catalog or will they not? and if not, may I take it home? :) ). I felt inspired to nurture my love for food and for creating delicious things for my family and friends to enjoy. Much of my creativity is expressed in this way.

These days my professional life consists of carpools, lessons, trips to the park, yummy meals, and attempting to maintain a home we all can enjoy. I love the idea of organizing and de-cluttering (it's the implimentation I struggle with!) and also find a lot of fulfillment in decorating our living space slowly...and on a budget :)

I love blogs and blogging for two reasons: 1) It gives me a place to express my varied interests. I love talking about a little of this and a little of that. A few blogs label my blog as a "lifestyle" blog and while I'm not totally sure what that means, I'd venture to guess that it's a nice way of saying I don't really fit into any one category ("design", "cooking", "fashion", "organizing") but rather that I touch upon them all a little bit. I kinda like it like that. 2) I glean an incredible amount of inspiration from others thanks to blogs. My quality of life, in a way, has increased and for that I am thankful. Isn't it amazing how much talent is out there?

Design Mom was the first blog I ever read consistently, daily even, and I'm honored to be sharing a few things with you this week on this wonderful, inspiring blog.

photo by Rebecca Mudrick of Darling Art Photography

Labels:

add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger amy turn sharp said...

she is my fave! I love Stephanie!!!! good choice mama! can't wait to see her cool posts! xo

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 2:12:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am excited you are guest blogging! Design Mom was the first blog I started reading every day too! Love stephmodo, one of my fav blogs :)

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 2:15:00 PM EST  
Blogger Robin. said...

i found stephmodo thru your sister actually! your sister is def one of my all time favorite blogs! as are you of course :O)

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 2:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger Emily said...

I'm pretty sure the Williams Sonoma job would have been impossible for me to give up. Wow. I can't wait to see what you have in store this week, yours is one of my favorites.

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 2:54:00 PM EST  
Blogger amy smart said...

Yay Stephanie. Very fun to see you and your impeccable taste at Design Mom!

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 6:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger Katie @ goodLife {eats} said...

Very much looking forward to your posts! What a lovely bio!

Haven't visited your blog before; sounds like my kind of place. I'll be checking it out!

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 6:37:00 PM EST  
Blogger rachel @ blackeiffel said...

Stephanie is the best, glad she is here to share!

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 11:07:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowza! i just spent too much time on stephanie's blog...when i should be catching some zzzz's. call it a lifestyle blog or whatever, but i love the variety of posts/topics. and i am so in love with the idea of a matryoshka doll party. i'm so looking forward to the rest of her posts on design mom this week. thank you! (r8ermom)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 3:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger edith said...

Need to thank you for introducing Stephanie's blog to me. She - as you do too - has awesome postings and a taste that I share. Thank you ladies for making my life nicer. :)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 6:46:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home