Friday, November 21, 2008

Martha's Craft Night




What a fun week this has been! On Tuesday night, we (Ralph, Maude, Olive and I) went to a craft night at Martha Stewart's offices in Chelsea. I had taken Maude to this event last year, and knew it was great, so made sure I could bring all the big kids this year. And we've really been looking forward to it.

Last year we glittered ornaments. And loved it. This year we decorated cookies and boxed them up in charming packages. And I think we loved it even more.



Finished cookies by Ralph, Maude and Olive.



Adorable boxes (with compartments!) filled with our cookies.

Martha's empire is striking. A delicious dinner was served — made from Martha's new line of food products available at Costco. Ham, turkey soup, chili, raspberry/apple pie, mushroom dip and some really yummy meatballs. (I didn't ask, but I'm betting the food was served in pieces from Martha's line at Macy's.) The cookies we decorated and boxed up were all made from recipes found in Martha's Cookie Cookbook. Everything we used to box up the cookies came from Martha's Craft line. And all of it was wonderful.

It's difficult not to be impressed with the company that Martha Stewart has built.

Everyone had a great evening. I loved seeing all the craft options — the pretty glitter collections, the little boxes for packaging handmade gifts, all the adorable tags and embellishments. I'm feeling all inspired to get my Christmas-making on. The kids couldn't get enough of the cookie decorating. They wanted to try every technique and would have decorated dozens if I'd let them.



But far and away, the craft item hit of the night, was the felt letter stickers. So cute! I can't find them online or I'd link to them, but I find all sorts of satisfaction just staring at them.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly question...how did they keep those icing bags looking so neat?...mine always end up very messy!

Friday, November 21, 2008 at 4:14:00 PM EST  
Blogger Liz Stanley said...

heaven. love those felt letters too!

Friday, November 21, 2008 at 5:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger Bobbinoggin said...

looking at that craft table display... i couldn't help but think... "that's a LOT of money sitting on that table!"

the craft projects look like a lot of fun. i'm glad you got a kick out of them.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 12:49:00 AM EST  
Blogger Artfulife said...

What a blast! The cookie boxes are just adorable.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 2:14:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! I love Martha!!

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 10:26:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. You guys are too lucky! I would have died and gone to heaven there! What a fun and memorable event, especially for your kids.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 12:56:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Martha Stewart single handedly made Michael's kinda sexy! Her packaging and branding design is just impeccable. I am truly a sucker for great branding... lol

Alina
http://www.oliveandbeanboutique.com

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 7:51:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. I've been eying some of Martha's line at Michael's. I'm so excited that she's expanding her line all over. The new magazine, "Body & Soul" is my new favorite, too.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 9:57:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok that would be my dream to go too! How cool that you got to go with the kids!

Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 10:21:00 PM EST  
Blogger brenna said...

Oh that looks like soo much fun!

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 1:28:00 AM EST  
Blogger amy smart said...

Wow. I can't decide which would be a bigger treat: Disneyworld or Martha Inc.

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 4:37:00 PM EST  
Blogger AmyF Hackworth said...

Wowza. Dream come true to be at Martha Stewart's offices. How fun to take your kids, eat their food, use their glitter!

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 11:04:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home