Thursday, November 20, 2008

Justin Hackworth Photography



While at the Startup Princess Retreat I was lucky enough to have my photo taken by Justin Hackworth. It was one of those everything-comes-together sort of things. Early in the conference, kind of out of the blue, Gwen Bell said to me: we need to get you a new head shot. (Ummm. True. And also. Ouch.) And then I met Amy Hackworth, who was attending the retreat, and she said: My husband is a talented photographer. If he can make it to Midway this afternoon, would you like to have a portrait shot? And I was like: Done and done.



So Justin came. And I'll be honest, I was dreading it. I don't love having my picture taken — it just makes me so self-conscious. But Justin made it easy and painless and I was ever so pleased with the results. The shots are very straightforward. Simple. Just right. I'm sharing a couple of my favorites here in this post. Justin likes
to work in the classic documentary style. He goes for non-trendy — planning his work to be as fresh and genuine in 20 or 30 years as it is today.

If you're looking for a real-deal, full-time, this-is-his-career-photographer, I'd love to recommend Justin. If you don't live where he lives, know that Justin does travel for shoots as well. Family portraits.
Destination weddings. (I hear there are some really good deals to be had from Justin if your destination wedding happens to be in Italy. It's hard to say no to a trip to Italy.) Visit his site and his blog to see more of his work.


Justin's cute wife, Amy and me
add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger R-Eight said...

really lovely

Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 12:57:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Gabby.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 3:04:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I contributed in _any way_ to these gorgeous head shots (note to self: work on tactful delivery) I'm glad. Justin did a phenomenal job, captured your essence and I want to melt in your eyes.

Dude, I'm so crushing on you!! *wink*

Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 6:09:00 PM EST  
Blogger bella utahan said...

great pictures!

Friday, November 21, 2008 at 6:15:00 AM EST  
Blogger paula said...

these came out beautiful!

Friday, November 21, 2008 at 9:04:00 AM EST  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Gorgeous photos. We are huge Justin Hackworth fans around here too.

Friday, November 21, 2008 at 11:25:00 PM EST  
Blogger Joslyn said...

these are gorgeous. you look amazing.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 7:49:00 AM EST  
Blogger amylouwhosews said...

They turned out great! He shot my wedding about 4 years ago. I consider myself so lucky. He and Amy are sweethearts - we had a great time one night in their living room as I pored (sp?) over my proofs.

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 12:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger Maria Petrova said...

you look absolutely gorgeous.

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 1:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger AmyF Hackworth said...

Yay for great portraits! You do look so lovely, Gabrielle. It was so fun to be backstage on the photo shoot. Thanks for your kind words. We love you.

And Amylouwho: Hi! Come over again!

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 11:09:00 PM EST  
Blogger Brian and Arika said...

You're beautiful! I love your gorgeous curls!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 2:24:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home