Monday, June 23, 2008

Welcome Burgin Streetman!

It's going to be a great week! Burgin Streetman is here. And she's taking over. Three posts a day. Monday through Friday. I've already had a sneak peek of the first 3 days and I think you're going to love what she has to share.

I hardly know Burgin at all. But it's hard not to love a lady that admits she blogs from the bathroom now and then. I can also see from reading the posts she's sent over for this week, that she has completely dedicated her life to raising her beautiful son. Which is wonderful.

And while you're in Burgin's capable hands, I will be taking the week off from Design Mom, so that I can focus on some kirtsy stuff. And getting ready for summer to officially begin at our house — the last day of school is Friday!!



Speaking of getting ready for summer, before I go, I have to share this wonderful idea from clever Lisa, to help keep boredom at bay this summer. She made a huge poster to hang on the pantry door. And filled it up with everything her kids could imagine wanting to do this summer — hunting for snakes, selling Kool-aid, climbing a tree. Now, when they get bored. Because they will get bored. She can look to the poster for inspiration. Brilliant.

I love the idea so much we made our own poster this weekend. I'm telling you, it has me super-psyched for the summer.

So. I hope you have a wonderful week. I hope you help Burgin feel at home. And I'll see you on Monday. (Except really I'll check in on Friday, because I have an amazing Giveaway on the schedule. And I'm pretty much addicted to this blog.)

Labels: , ,

add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

The poster idea is great. We had a similar idea and last week for Family Night took index cards and had the kids write all the things they've ever wanted to do during the summer -- 1 per card. Then we put them in a bowl and plan to pick one out every time we have a "boring" day.

Monday, June 23, 2008 at 10:16:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm newer to your site - and to blogging. I think this is a great idea. I'm really enjoying Burgin's posts this week. Thanks for the inspriations.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 at 10:35:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home