Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shokay



Finding socially responsible companies is such a delight. So I was super happy to hear about Shokay from my friend Esther. Shokay offers a range of luxury items knitted from Yak down —
down sourced directly from Tibetan herders. Pillows, blankets, accessories, children's items. They even feature the biographies of the talented Tibetan knitters on their website.

It's June. Which means it's too hot in my neck of the woods for many of Shokay's gorgeous knitted items, but I've got a couple of pieces earmarked for the coming winter. In the meantime, I'm admiring this amazing stuffed yak. (I realize it's a complete splurge, but I've never seen a toy yak before, and seeing this one makes me realize I could totally get into yaks.)

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger happyathome said...

I think I can knit that.....maybe after all of my other knitting projects! It is very cute.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 1:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristy said...

I wonder if designmom's friend Esther is THE Esther, one of the founders of Shokay? Even if you find their products a bit pricey (which they admittedly are), it is still a company worth learning about--they are providing great jobs for people in Tibet!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 4:10:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too cute.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 5:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Theresa said...

I love shokay! I wrote about them a while ago on my blog. We have a few items from them- Yak down is awesome! Some of the softest stuff around.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 12:49:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Becki said...

Awesome toy yak. It reminds me of my friend who made her boys each a toy yetti that fit perfectly inside their dress shirt pockets. Hilarious.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 1:14:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home