Thursday, May 01, 2008

Itzy Bitzy




Could I be more predictable? I love me some polka dots and stripes. And I love these happy Spring prints from the Itzy Bitzy line by Zutano.

The Itzy Bitzy collection is designed for babies up to 8 lbs. Now, I've never had a preemie, but I do have very small babies. (Betty was my smallest — she was a week early, weighing in under 6 pounds.) So I have loved having a few "newborn" or "preemie" size options that actually fit. (0-3 months size looks absolutely clown-like on tiny babies.)

I realize they grow out of them within a month. But for that month, it's nice to have at least a few cozy little things that fit. Also. Isn't it a treat to see newborn babies? Heavenly.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Regan said...

My first baby was a preemie, coming in at 3 lbs. 13 oz. I would've LOVED something adorable like this! She didn't hit 8 pounds for months!

Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 4:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh I think I just want to stare at that sweet baby face for the rest of the day!

Steph

Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 4:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Deidre said...

I love this line. I just had a baby 2 weeks ago. Though he was 8 pounds 8 ounces, he looks WAY smaller than that and doesn't even come close to fitting in 0-3 mo. clothing! I just might by one more newborn outfit for him!

Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 5:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

That baby is gorgeous! I'm due in a week and I can't wait to meet my new little friend!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 9:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger daisy said...

These are adorable. You're so right about the fit...my grandson was just born and weighed in at 5# 14 oz, and those newborn things just drown him.

I think something from Zutano is just the ticket. I checked out the site, and they have stuff in some of our local stores, so, I'm off to shop tomorrow! Thanks for the tip.

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 10:29:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Molly W. said...

My daughter was 3 lbs 6 oz at birth and there were/are hardly ANY clothing options out there for preemies! Good to know, thanks! (I will likely have another preemie so...good info to have!)

Friday, May 9, 2008 at 6:36:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home