Monday, April 28, 2008

Goodbye and Hello!

It was so delightful having Marie here last week. I love her simple and practical ideas for crafting with children. And I love knowing her is ideas have been tried and tested. Thanks for the great posts Marie. We'll miss and are excited to keep up with you at Make & Takes.

[ Moment of Silence. ]

And now that I've composed myself after that tear-filled goodbye, let me say Hello to this week's Guest Mom, Allysha. Hello Allysha!! Welcome. We can't wait to hear what you have to say.

I happen to have the honor of knowing Allysha personally — which is something that can only be said for a handful of my Guest Moms and Dads. And while I considered Allysha a friend long before we started blogging, I've gotten to know her so much better after reading her clever posts, that I feel closer to her now, then when she was my neighbor. So it's especially fun to introduce her to you. (Actually, she's a much better writer than I am, so I'll let her introduce herself.)



So, about me: I have a wonderful, brilliant husband named Ben, and four sweet kids (ages 6, 4, 2, and almost 1!) whose names remain anonymous on the web. (I am working on pseudonyms, but that's hard because I really like their given names. I'm half-way there though, just 2 more kids to name. Again. And I've only been blogging for just about two years now!)

It's been almost three years since Ben and I sold our plaid couches (everyone should own a plaid couch once in their life, and then promptly sell it when they get a chance) and moved out to New York. That's where I had the lovely fortune to meet Gabby. And it's been almost a year since we moved back from New York, so that Ben could teach documentary film at a university here in Utah.

Suffice it to say that our life is busy, busy, with work, a house full of little kids, and of course, blogging. I love to read and write. I like a clean house, but have learned when to let that slide. I blog at Bells On Their Toes about life, and at Just an Orange about other things. And I'm very excited to share some things here as Guest Mom this week. Thanks, Gabby!

Labels:

add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Mumsy said...

Yay for another great guest mom! I also adore Allysha and can't wait to read her posts this week!

Monday, April 28, 2008 at 3:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Thank you for the sweet goodbye. I had tons of fun. I am super excited to hear from Allysha. Yeah for Guest Moms.

Monday, April 28, 2008 at 4:27:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allysha, so nice to meet you! It was interesting to read about how you keep your kids names' anonymous on the web. Do you do that for safety reasons? I keep going back and forth about that. Up to this point, I've only referred to my daughter as "Little Beauty," but I've been thinking about using her real name...

Monday, April 28, 2008 at 4:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Allysha said...

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

And Stephanie, about my kids names:

I've gone back and forth on the issue. It is for safety reasons, and for privacy reasons. Almost every time I've decided to just use their names I read something that makes me change my mind. It's happened enough that I take it for a sign.

I actually envy, in a weird way, moms who just went with their kids names, but there are weirdos out there, and so I decided to "re-name" them, for internet purposes. Maybe I'll have a naming contest...

Monday, April 28, 2008 at 5:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger love.boxes said...

It's so nice to see your lovely face so I know who I'm visiting everyday. :)

Monday, April 28, 2008 at 10:55:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home