Thursday, December 20, 2007

More Christmas Stockings



Back on November 21st I answered an Ask-Design-Mom question about stockings. If you're still hunting for a good idea for this year or next, here is another photo I found super inspiring.

I love the idea of collecting a variety of stockings. Some hand-knit. Some woven. Some simple. Some with texture. When you see and fall-in-love with a particular stocking you could buy one, instead of enough for the whole family. Maybe pick up one from Sundance on a ski trip. Or something pretty in a Christmas clearance sale.

I also love the look of stockings as part of the overall Christmas decorations in a home. At our house, I know we can hang 7 stockings legitimately — one for each member of the family. But why not display a row of 11 or 15 that we've collected over the years? On Christmas Eve, the kids could each pick their favorite to have Santa fill.

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this! We're still struggling to decide on stockings. I somehow got it stuck in my head that they should all match (so we don't have any stockings right now because we can't all agree), and my husband firmly believes that kids' stockings should look like kids' stockings. I think I just needed someone (you, apparently) to tell me that was okay. :)

Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 2:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger Molly said...

I ended up hanging five stockings this year even though there are only four of us because a) I have five, and b) it looked better to have five than four. I like the idea of having the children choose which stocking they want. I didn't put names on the stockings I made a few years ago which was a good thing because my daughter changes her mind about which one she wants.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 8:07:00 PM EST  
Blogger Erica Onelove said...

I love creative stockings but have never gotten around to get any cool ones. I really like the ones you posted. Thanks!

Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 9:04:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home