Monday, December 03, 2007

It's Beginning to Feel a lot like Christmas




It was a really good weekend. We picked up the Christmas tree on Friday. We had a big Christmas party at our church on Saturday. We woke up to snow on Sunday — so Sunday afternoon was all about baking cookies and making hot cocoa. With fresh whipped cream.


Ralph played Joseph in the Christmas pageant on Saturday. Maude & Olive were both lovely angels. Alas, we didn't get a single photo. But I love these shots of Olive helping me test the Christmas lights, and Betty getting up the courage to touch them.


One last note. If you're looking for a new and better way to store your Christmas lights, I highly recommend rolling them into a ball. My sister Jordan taught me this and in my vast Christmas light experience, it is by far the best storage solution. Plus, they look really cool when you plug them in.


Labels:

add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather S. said...

What a great tip! I'm definately going to have to try that this year.

Monday, December 3, 2007 at 11:59:00 AM EST  
Blogger Emily S. said...

How do you roll the lights in balls? Do you wrap them around anything? It looks so fun and festive! We've yet to get our tree...

Monday, December 3, 2007 at 4:04:00 PM EST  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Good question, Emily. It's super easy. No real technique. Just start with the end that doesn't plug into the wall.

I hold the end and wrap it around my hand a couple of times to start the ball, then remove my hand and keep wrapping.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 at 11:15:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home