Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Errands Wrap-up



The Christmas Gift Shopping is officially done. But I'm still craving some non-kid window shopping. I'd like to make a date with Ben where I can leisurely walk through Anthropologie and study the windows at Bergdorfs.

There are at least 5 stores where I need to return items because I'm ridiculously indecisive, but those errands are going to have to wait till next week.

Friday and Saturday will be grocery shopping for the Recital and our annual Christmas Eve Smorgasbord. We are buying most of our desserts for the Recital from Plaza Sweets (turtle bars, cheesecake, chocolate cake and cranberry-orange sweet bread), but we'll get the sugar cookies from Lulu's.

I know it's December 21st, but it hardly seems like Christmas — it's just too warm here. Is New York the only part of country sans snowstorm?
add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm i can't wait to try those desserts!

Friday, December 22, 2006 at 8:57:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

our midwest christmas is reminding me of my sacramento childhood! it's foggy and completely without snow!

Friday, December 22, 2006 at 10:09:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Nebraska and the western part of the state is pretty much covered in snow and here in Lincoln we didn't see any of it!

Friday, December 22, 2006 at 10:14:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Idaho we finally got a stitch of snow today. Hopefully it last until Christmas. Just got back from a trip to NYC. Macy's windows from the movie Miracle on 34th street were my favorite window decorations. I could not believe the weather when we were there 60 degrees??? Can't complain it made it nice to sight see and shop. Merry Christmas.

Friday, December 22, 2006 at 10:37:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a babysitter!!!!!!!

Friday, December 22, 2006 at 2:02:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our December in Iowa has been unseasonably warm, and while that is more convenient for holiday shopping, it does lose some of the "magic" without the blanket of white stuff glittering everywhere. I'm a summer girl by all accounts, but I do like having a white Christmas. Not to be this year but sure is nice to see when there's a cozy fire going and some hot cocoa in my hands.

Friday, December 22, 2006 at 2:02:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am officially jealous of all of you! While our weather has finally taken a turn for the better, we have close to 2 feet of snow on the ground!! This silly "Great White North" thing must be true this year!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Friday, December 22, 2006 at 5:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger Mom in Mendon said...

Window shopping sounds fun. Since I saw this year's Bergdorf windows I have to say that they are fascinating but decidedly bereft of all things holy and tender and godly and Christmasy and humane. (I'm not even talking about the fur and the picketers just off the sidewalk chanting, "Don't buy fur.") Coincidentally, we ran into a casual acquaintance back here in our State who also saw the windows while in NYC. "There was nothing of God," he volunteered.

Saturday, December 23, 2006 at 12:25:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I go non-kid window shopping with you? It seems I've spent the last week and half buying for kids...or cleaning up all the crap that they managed to get!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 1:06:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home