Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rebecca's Sugar Cookies



Find the chic vintage "cooky" cutters here on ebay.

Use them when you make the beloved cookie recipe:

2 c. sugar
1 c. butter

1 c. milk

2 eggs

7 c. flour

1 tsp. salt

2 tsp. b.s.

4 tsp. b.p.

2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees
(it just depends on
the oven — experiment)
Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick on floured surface.

Bake for 5-6 minutes (on greased cookie sheet) until very pale
(do not overcook — this also takes some
experimenting).

Here is the buttercream frosting recipe:

3 c. powdered sugar
1 c. butter

1 tsp. vanilla

Beat with electric mixer for approx. 5 minutes, until
light and fluffy.

Thank you for sharing this, Rebecca!
add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, someone keeps pestering me about making Halloween cookies. Thanks for the recipe! Does the dough need to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours first?

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 9:14:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

I don't know about chilling the dough. Maybe if Rebecca sees this she'll chime in with her experience.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 11:46:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

i've made them many times and have never chilled the dough. i think if you do, you'd get a more exacting result, but it's not necessary.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 12:05:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jenni said...

yay! i'm so happy!

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 12:35:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having a cookie and cupcake party in honor of Rebecca! I miss her!

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 4:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lisa said...

yippee! I am excited for this recipe!

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 7:24:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't chill the dough. But, there have been times that I have chilled it because I haven't had time to roll out all the dough at once. As I remember (although I do have pregnancy brain), it hasn't really made a difference either way.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 8:48:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, Kathryn C., I miss you, too!!!

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 9:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger C. Jane Kendrick said...

I hope I am not too late in this converstation here . . . I stand as a witness that chilling the dough makes for softer cookies that hold their shape.

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 at 12:43:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home