Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fall Cookie Party



Missing my friend Rebecca today (tear). She would throw cookie decorating parties for the neighborhood kids. In the spring, in the summer, but especially at Halloween.

A cookie party can get quite messy, so Rebecca would hold it in the back yard. She'd provide trays and trays of just-baked, thick and yummy sugar cookies. Then the kids would all go to town with individual bowls of frosting and lots of sprinkles, candy corn, and other embellishments. Everyone went home with a plate of cookies. Such a great party.
(Rebecca, if you're reading, I hope you'll post your amazing sugar cookie recipe.)

You can find the mini-halloween cookie cutt
ers pictured above here.
add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Rebecca posts the recipe will you repost it? I would love to find a new recipe for sugar cookies!

Thanks!
Abby

Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 1:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Liz Stanley said...

KIDS cookie party, what about an adult one! (...waiting patiently for gabby's cute invitation...)

Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 4:39:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it is sacrelige, but this sugar cookie mix is super easy to use. No freezing required and works with cookie cutters. They taste good too!

Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 9:05:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabby,
Oh, I miss you too! And oh how I have been craving those cookies... I mean that buttercream frosting. I will email you the recipe and then you can post it if you would like. FYI: I had an ultrasound today and let's just say that we've made a basketball team-- and it's not co-ed! (I was going to call you tomorrow but I couldn't wait!)

Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 9:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Girl con Queso said...

How funny. I had pulled this photo from WS too and was going to blog about Halloween cookies, but now I don't have too. Perhaps I'll just comment on the WS halloween tree. What the heck? I think they've jumped the shark.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 10:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Hooray for Rebecca! 5 BOYS!!!! I was hoping it would be a boy because you've had too much change lately. It will be nice to see something familiar when you change his diaper.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 11:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jenni said...

that is the BEST sugar cookie recipe ever as well as the frosting...rebecca knows good food...and many congratulations for another boy!!!!

Friday, September 29, 2006 at 9:32:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home