Thursday, October 26, 2006

Book of the Week: A Tree is Nice — by Guest Mom Emily C. Spencer



I love that Design Mom highlights beautiful and classic children's books. One of my childhood favorites is Caldecott award-winning, A Tree is Nice by Janice May Udry with illustrations by Mark Simont. This book dates back to the 1950's and is a little old-fashioned in it's illustrations but that is part of what I love about it.

It starts, "Trees are very nice. They fill up the sky" and continues with simple, yet beautiful text about the importance and significance of trees. The illustrations alternate between color and black and white and are quite lovely. It's a good book for beginning readers too. My parents are nature-lovers and this book was read to me often as I was growing up although I hate to admit I actually don't own a copy myself. Yet.

Find it here.
add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I love this book, too. Especially the last page about planting your own tree. So cute!

Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 9:52:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

I haven't read this book. It looks great. Can't wait to get a copy.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 8:18:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how it's a non-standard size. Cool.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 10:05:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home