Friday, November 06, 2009

Ask Design Mom Week — Playroom Mats



Question:
Have you ever put together a play room for an infant learning to crawl and walk? I'm looking for something for the floor. I've been looking at Jigsaw Mats but wondered if you've ever come across anything a little nicer looking. Thanks. — Sarah



Answer:

Fun to put together a playroom! Those jigsaw mats look cute, but I think an easy upgrade would be Flor tiles. They come in dozens and dozens of patterns, thicknesses and colors. And they are designed to be easy to care for. In fact, with some of Flor's options, if you have a spill, you can just pick up the individual tile and run it under the sink. Nice.

In the Room To Grow article I designed for Parents Magazine, we used Flor's circular rug kits and they were adorable.

Dear Readers, what do you like on your playroom floor?

Labels: , ,

add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I love Flor! We used it for our playroom.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 4:34:00 PM EST  
Blogger --r said...

this is fantastic. we've been trying to figure out what to do to make our son's room (with hardwood floors) a little more comfy on his little crawling knees.
thanks!!

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 4:50:00 PM EST  
Blogger Shelah said...

I loved FLOR. We bought a lot of tiles for the family room in our last house, figuring that it would be great because we could move and reconfigure when we moved. So this year we moved and reconfigured, and I can not get the dang tiles to stick to save my life. They used to have adhesive stuff that you could put on the backs of the tiles to stick them to the floor, but apparently now they just have adhesive squares that stick the tiles to each other. Only they don't stay stuck, at least when they're in the middle of the family room and the kids use the coffee table as a bench, a slide, and a horse. At least not on my four-years-old tiles. So the tiles slide around, and I have to rearrange them several times a day, and it makes me insane. When my 2yo is potty trained, I am rewarding myself by buying a rug that comes in just one piece. If anyone knows a cheap solution to get me through the next couple of months, I'd love to hear it (and sorry for the threadjack!).

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 4:51:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sara said...

I don't have a play room, but I love Flor tiles! We've used them in our dining room as a rug and in our basement pool room. You can check them out HERE
and HERE

They are so fun and so versitile, although I do agree with Shelah that they tend to shift easily.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 11:34:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap foam tiles under a large turkish rug (the rug was one that we already had, it's wool and highly patterned so it's very sturdy and doesn't show up all the baby sick &etc!)

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 12:54:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home