Thursday, September 17, 2009

La Maisonnette



Like many of you, I have been following Stephmodo as she renovated an ancient stone house in France. I felt like cheering for her when I read the house was complete. Yay!


Any of you that have participated in even minor house renovations know how stressful it always is — but Stephanie reported throughout the whole process with such grace and beauty and patience. I couldn't be more impressed. With Stephanie. And with the peeks of the house she's shared so far.

La Maisonnette is now available to rent. You can see the listing on VRBO (and the prices seem very reasonable for a house that comfortably sleeps 6 and has every possible amenity).



I keep looking at my calendar to figure out the perfect time Ben Blair and I might rent it out. Maybe with some of my siblings. Or maybe as a spot for a Kirtsy retreat. The only thing: I wish I could rent out Stephanie (and her multi-talented husband) as well — wouldn't it be lovely to have them there as personal tour guides?

add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger amy turn sharp said...

yes please on a kirtsy retreat! xoxoxo

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 4:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger History Girl said...

I want to stay here! And you are right, the price is absolutely reasonable, even if it is just the two of you that stay.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 4:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger marian said...

Not to mention, Stephanie is one of the nicest humans on the planet in person!

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 5:49:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kelsey said...

I'm pleased to say that my husband and I were her first guests and enjoyed ourselves to the fullest. Everything exceeded our expectations! Stephanie and Ben did an impeccable job with La Maisonette and I'm convinced that Beynac is one of the most charming/romantic places on the earth. Book now! You won't regret it!

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 6:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Allysha said...

oh please kirtsy retreat!!!

La Maisonette looks really amazing!

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 10:37:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humm, we are actually planning a trip to France in the winter...

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 11:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Liz Stanley said...

She really is s superwoman. I vote for a sibling trip please!

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 1:45:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous robin k said...

I want to go...!

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 2:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger stephmodo said...

Wow Gabrielle, thanks for the virtual pat on the back! What a wonderful post to read as we wrap things up (we leave Beynac tomorrow). Thank you, thank you. For the record, I think a Kirtsy retreat would be most fun, but a romantic getaway with Ben might be in order too :) Hope to see you soon...

xo

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 6:52:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Jennifer James said...

Wow. The travel possibilities. I would much rather stay here than a stuffy hotel. Hmmm...the wheels are turning.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 at 11:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Cher said...

It's a million more times gorgeous in person- the town, the setting, FRANCE! It's a must-see, I can't wait to go back.

Stephanie and Ben are amazing and I think they are really glad it's over!

Monday, September 21, 2009 at 10:49:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home