Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nesting Trays



I have a thing for serving trays. They're super versatile for entertaining and they're perfect for breakfast in bed. (We're big on breakfast in bed at our house — especially for birthdays.) I'm really pleased with my newest set of trays. They're generously sized. They nest, so as not too take up too much space. And each tray comes with it's own flannel bag to keep it scratch-free while in storage (note the black material you see folded in the top picture).

That said, I can't imagine these beauties will spend much time in the cupboard. They're too pretty to hide.

add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

That and they are too expensive to hide! $250?? Really? Wow. They look awesome, but I'm not sure I'd splurge quite that much. Is this a normal range for serving trays?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 2:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Hi Anderson. These trays are definitely a splurge item — they're by far the most expensive serving trays I've added to my kitchen.

But if you're into trays, you certainly don't have to break your budget. The first serving tray I bought right after we married, specifically for breakfast in bed, was $4.99 at Big Lots (except I think it was called MacFrugals then).

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 2:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh I love these! You've inspired me to update ours... which is a cheap plastic tray from Sam's we used 10 years ago at our wedding :) I've seen simple wooden trays at Hobby Lobby for just a few dollars. A quick coat of paint and I bet they'd look (nearly) as fabulous as these.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 6:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Leslie said...

oh wow...gorgeous colors!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 8:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Rian Krommenhoek said...

I love serving trays too. As a southern girl I believe there is only one way to serve lemonade and it's on a serving tray. I have a bland bamboo set that I was going to give away, but this post has inspired me to spray paint them bright colors. Thanks!

Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 1:52:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Ashely Adams : Sticker Printing said...

well they sure look good. but i'm interested in knowing how durable would they be?

Friday, August 21, 2009 at 10:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Bec said...

Thanks for the reply, Design Mom. :) You're wonderful.

Friday, August 21, 2009 at 3:42:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home