Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Bloggess is Beautiful




I just paid a visit to The Queso. Girl con Queso was one of my very first internet friends. (Now we are even business partners.) The Queso fell almost silent for awhile there (such sadness!), but the post frequency is increasing again lately and I couldn't be happier about it. Look what I found there today:

The ever-talented Katherine Center (She writes books and has fantastic handwriting? I'm awestruck once again.), painting the last paragraph of her latest book, Everyone Is Beautiful, on the beautiful body (which encases the brilliant and hilarious mind) of Jenny the Bloggess. And the whole event was recorded through the unerring lens of Karen of Chookooloonks.

You can see the whole gorgeous set of photos here. I would have been thrilled to be in attendance at such an event. Maybe we can get them to do a re-enactment at BlogHer.


add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

Ok that is totally cool. Totally. And I don't care how Valley Girl I sound saying it.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 8:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Be Like the Squirrel, Girl said...

Amazing. I love the word necklace.

Friday, June 12, 2009 at 2:52:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous esther peterson said...

This reminds me the movie
THE PILLOW BOOK.If you liked this performance wait to see this movie.

Friday, June 12, 2009 at 8:33:00 AM EDT  
Blogger paula said...

how beautiful

Friday, June 12, 2009 at 8:42:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. I love this. so gorgeous.

Friday, June 12, 2009 at 9:30:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous jessie hansen said...

I think i need to read this book now?

Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 10:53:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Katherine Center said...

Hooray, G! Thank you for posting about our crazy project. It was such an amazing day, and now that it's over, I find myself wanting to do it again--like, tomorrow. Many, many thanks again! Hope to see you sometime soon! xoxo!

Sunday, June 14, 2009 at 8:23:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Patti J Ryan said...

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos and spirit of the writer/painter. And the links!

Patti Ryan
Designer-Writer-Editor-Photography Totally-Creative Emagazine
www.totally-creative.com

Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 4:50:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home