Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcome Jora.



We've got another lovely Guest Mom with us this week. Yay! Her name is Jora and she sent me an email last fall and I sent her an email back and she sent me an email back and we went back and forth a few more times until I get to introduce her to you today. And she's terrific. You can read more from her at her beautiful blog, Domestic Reflections, where she writes about design, health, fashion, family life and travel. I'm so delighted that we all have this opportunity to get to know her better.


Here's a bit from Jora in her own words:


I’m Jora. I’m a thirty-something stay-at-home mom living in San Diego with my husband B (who happens to be the funniest and most organized person I have ever met), my very independent 3 and a half year old son C-Man, and the snuggliest little 16 month old girl, Baby J. I love being a mom more than anything in the world, as cliché as that sounds, and I take it very seriously. But I find it to be very, very, very (did I mention “very”?) difficult as well. In my other life, I was a lawyer, and now that I look back on it, that was pretty easy (not to mention unimportant!) compared to what I do now. I have a feeling you moms out there just might be able to relate.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Jora is one of my favorite people. You're in for a treat this week.

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:18:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Laurie said...

What a beautiful picture!

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:43:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sarah's Fab Day said...

Jora is one of my favorite reads. I'm so glad she's here on Design Mom, such a perfect fit.

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 11:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Joslyn said...

i LOVE Jora...I'm so excited to see what she comes up with this week. she's great!!!
xo

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 11:56:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julia said...

Thank you for your lovely and sincere words about being a mother. I feel the same - (though I was not a lawyer in my former life).

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 12:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger LobotoME said...

hi jora!

jenny :)

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 1:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Leigh said...

Jora, you rock! What a treat to see you here :) xoxo.

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 3:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger 180360 said...

Great choice! She is one of my favorite bloggers ever.

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 4:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger colleeeen said...

I am always so happy and relieved when other moms admit that they, too, find mothering an extremely difficult job. It's always a relief to be reminded I am not the only one.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 3:01:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home